Bash guards

Richywalker64

Nov 14, 2020
Hartlepool
I have a Cube stereo hybrid action team 160 and I'm really pleased with it apart from the plastic bash guard
It doesn't fit snug up to the frame and there's about a 5mm gap which collects mud etc but the worse thing is occasionally it rubs on the inside of the chain ring and sounds awful as if it's the motor bearings
Does anyone else have the same issue and found a fix?
I've tried 3M double sided tape but once it gets wet it looses its grip
Last resort it to try and remove the guard and reshape it using heat

Bummers

Mar 12, 2022
UK
That doesn't sound right, I've got a 2022 160 and don't have those issues. It must be really out if it's touching the chain ring.

Richywalker64

Nov 14, 2020
Hartlepool
I have just finished sorting it
There isn't much clearance between the chain ring and the bash guard on mine, especially with the top of the guard sitting away from the frame.
I removed it and cleaned as it was full of mud, then put it in boiling water and reshaped it slightly by bending the top of the guard inwards
I have just refitted it and its fine now 🙂

It's definitely worth removing the bash guard when you're cleaning the bike bike as I was surprised at how much wet mud there was inside around the electrics.

ebob

Nov 17, 2022
Chorley
I've had the same issue with it rubbing on the chain ring. Just cleaned the inside of the guard. Heated it up and clamping it back into shape 👍

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles