Bafang Motor Repair Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neeko DeVinchi

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Dec 31, 2020
UK
For those who know me, you'll recognize that I'm no stranger to cracking open a motor. Indeed, I take great pride in assuring that any mtb/emtb/product I have invested my hard earned money on (especially in this day & age), is maintained and looked after to get the best/most life expectancy out of. And as far as I'm concerned, 'a motor is no exception.

20220922_182630.jpg

20220922_182711.jpg

As such, I'll be using this thread as a means to catalogue "EVERY" Bafang motor. Covering the individual components per each motor, service intervals, tools required to perform specific servicing and repairs & tasks, common points of failure and how to prevent them and ways in which each motor can be upgraded internally.

20220913_180830.jpg

BAFANG'S POLICY CLEARLY STIPULATES THAT ANY TAMPERING WITH THEIR PRODUCTS, WILL RESULT IN AN IMMEDIATE VOIDING OF WARRANTY. EVEN IF SAID 'TAMPERING', IS A RESULT FROM PERFORMING YOUR OWN SERVICE OF THE MOTOR.

Please see here for Bafang's warranty policy for more details.

Indeed, this thread should not be interpreted as a deliberate move for anyone to purposely void their warranty.

AND THIS THREAD SHOULD ACT AS A REMINDER TO BAFANG, THAT THEY HAVE YET TO ACHIEVED THE SAME LEVEL OF INFRASTRUCTURE CONCERNING BOTH CUSTOMER SERVICE & WARRANTY COMPARED TO THEIR COMPETITORS.

I suspect that there will be many of you who are apprehensive in performing their own servicing and repairs for Bafang motors. My intention will be to instil confidence to those who wish to perform the necessary tasks to keep these motors going indefinitely.

20220206_165322.jpg

As always, huge shout out to Green Bike Kits for their continued support for their aftermarket products 👍🏿

20220922_193509.jpg

Even this bad boy will get dissected, rebuilt and upgraded ✌🏿

Neeko DeVinchi

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Dec 31, 2020
UK
How many k’s would you expect before you had to pull a motor a part ?
Depends.
Subject to the output I set the motor too, whether I have given the motor a mechanical advantage in terms of gearing, season and trail conditions etc.

Some motors can go for 1000-2000miles without issue. Some can go within 300miles.

Staff member
Subscriber
Jul 15, 2020
FORUM
Whilst it's an admirable effort to add this information to the forum, we feel that placing all the information for every motor in a single thread will just lead to a very long and convoluted thread where it will be impossible for anyone to locate the information they might be looking for relating to a specific motor.

Therefore, the thread will be locked to avoid confusion and duplication and we suggest that individual threads are created for each motor (several already exist) where information can be shared and found by the whole community.

A new bafang subsection will shortly be created within the forums "motors" section which should make it easier for people to make and find content.

Everyone also please keep in mind that English is not the first language of many forum users, so technical information should be written as clearly and concisely as possible - avoiding language which is obscure or verbose. We try to edit posts which aren't clear, but this isn't always possible.

Thanks, Mod.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles