Bafang - Hypermiling

eric rinehart

Jun 7, 2023
San Diego
I'm interested in a few different motors for going as far as I can. My main concern is pedaling with no battery assistance (and finding the best motor for that).

M600 vs BBS02 - when I test road both the BBS02 seemed to have significantly more resistance with no power. Does anyone know if this is due to the internal construction?

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
I'm interested in a few different motors for going as far as I can. My main concern is pedaling with no battery assistance (and finding the best motor for that).

M600 vs BBS02 - when I test road both the BBS02 seemed to have significantly more resistance with no power. Does anyone know if this is due to the internal construction?
I have the two (BBS and Mseries), personally i don't feel notifiable difference, but (for road use only) the motors with less resistance are the hub motors

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava

Mate, there is almost no drag with M600 or BBS02. You turning only big gear inside and first small gear, where is one way clutch (so no turning of rotor). Put down the chain and try to rotate with a hand.

It is worse to pedal hub motors as you have to rotate more mass - rotation inertia is not a friend. ;)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles