AXS Trigger Upgrade

Haveland

Apr 21, 2022
New Brunswick, Canada
Found an AXS GX Upgrade kit today at 33% off at a local shop. Those running AXS, have you upgraded the "trigger"? I see SRAM has an upgrade kit to make it more like a non-AXS shifter, and companies like LEAP appear to make replacements.

Think I'll try out the stock GX shifter, but I can already see how it might be annoying.

Excited to get this installed this week! I planned on waiting and doing the new AXS transmission install next year, but I couldn't pass on this sale. I might even move the AXS over to my fat bike down the road.

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
Those running AXS, have you upgraded the "trigger"?

Yeah, I'm rockin' the upgraded trigger. I've found that it allows me to click the lower switch with minimal movement of my thumb, and the upper switch requires just a short reach. The original trigger required an awkward reach. I've also reversed the upshift/downshift from the factory setup.

chadbrochills

Jun 20, 2023
Ocala, FL
Yeah, I'm rockin' the upgraded trigger. I've found that it allows me to click the lower switch with minimal movement of my thumb, and the upper switch requires just a short reach. The original trigger required an awkward reach. I've also reversed the upshift/downshift from the factory setup.
This is the way.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles