Avoiding bosch dealer and doing things by myself?

jobridder

Apr 27, 2020
USA
Hi comrades,
I havent properly found info, is it possible to get the software to connect to my kiox and do things like remove 504 errors or clean up memory or remove other errors that store in the memory, plus do the diagnostics like a dealer does?
Once bike turns 2 years its not quite convenient to still be required to visit dealer since all warranties are gone... Any thoughts?

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
All you mention is not currently possible to do yourself, unless you also happen to be a bosch dealer

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
Hi comrades,
I havent properly found info, is it possible to get the software to connect to my kiox and do things like remove 504 errors or clean up memory or remove other errors that store in the memory, plus do the diagnostics like a dealer does?
Once bike turns 2 years its not quite convenient to still be required to visit dealer since all warranties are gone... Any thoughts?

You would need a cracked version of the Bosch diagnostics software (or third party equivalent) that doesn't 'check in with Bosch' to be able to do that at the moment unfortunately, if you aren't registered as a dealer with Bosch (and therefore have the legit OEM software).

I can't think of any third party software available but there may be some that exists. There are copies of the official Bosch software floating around but chances are if people know where to find them, they probably also know how to remove the registration protection.

So sorry mate, don't think it's widely possible at the moment.

jobridder

Apr 27, 2020
USA
Thank you Mteam and MrSimmo for your replies and detailed information! Thread can be closed if necessary.

Rosemount

E*POWAH Elite
May 23, 2020
Qld Australia
BOSCH will not allow .
4 x 504 error and bike can only be unlocked by dealer . And correspondence between BOSCH and your legal representative acknowledging you are riding an illegally hacked bike . :poop:

Last edited:

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
Here's an idea. Bosch does away with their proprietary software and keeps the hack detection that will show when non allowed mods have been made, which voids the warranty. The owner of the bike signs off on this and then Bosch gets paid for their parts and service when something/anything goes wrong. Sounds like a win win for Bosch to me and those savvy enough to take advantage of the release can exercise their free rights to tinker, especially older models or those out of warranty which is a win for them.

Open Source component systems are luckily available in all flavors delivered to my door that you can twak to your hearts content and how I roll cause my nearest big brand dealer is 100 miles away..

jobridder

Apr 27, 2020
USA
Here's an idea. Bosch does away with their proprietary software and keeps the hack detection that will show when non allowed mods have been made, which voids the warranty. The owner of the bike signs off on this and then Bosch gets paid for their parts and service when something/anything goes wrong. Sounds like a win win for Bosch to me and those savvy enough to take advantage of the release can exercise their free rights to tinker, especially older models or those out of warranty which is a win for them.

Open Source component systems are luckily available in all flavors delivered to my door that you can twak to your hearts content and how I roll cause my nearest big brand dealer is 100 miles away..
Thanks for your view Mabman. I wonder is there any systems that go into bosch cube frame? just for future just in case, for now running bosch 4th gen kiox system but have the same problem, dealer is quite far away and takes me day off to do stuff like visit them..

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles