Australian Bike Insurance?

Akelu

Jul 31, 2020
Australia
Just wondering, what insurance is everyone using for their bike?

I'd had a look at Wiggle, Velosure and RAC. Looks like Wiggle is most comprehensive, Velosure in the middle and RAC most basic.

Going to be insuring $8200 E-MTB. (Focus Thron)

Thanks

Softsand

Dec 5, 2019
Western Australia
If you have household contents cover, it might already cover it (mine did). Otherwise consider adding it on as a freestanding policy will be more. It may even be worth changing your contents cover to get it included. I do know Elders cover bikes but I know there will be others...

Derek

Jun 11, 2019
Aust
I had home and contents with Aami. When renewing found budget direct who were a lot cheaper and for less than I was paying before I got home and contents covered with specified ebike cover included under contents. $7k coverage and no requirements to lock it up with specific lock manufacturers that some bike only specific insurers mandate.

Howie145

May 13, 2020
Australia
I found it was cheaper to insure within a household contents policy. It did require me to change from a large national insurance company to the RAA (in South Australia). The combined shifting of multiple policies and membership discount made it cheaper than individual ebike insurance.

CordlezToaster

Aug 18, 2022
n/a
Bit of a thread revival but I'm interested to know what the latest is in this space.
I'm interested in what House and Content providers you have used, that will cover ebikes.

Husky430

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Glasshouse Mts - Australia
Bit of a thread revival but I'm interested to know what the latest is in this space.
I'm interested in what House and Content providers you have used, that will cover ebikes

Me too

Aug 18, 2021
St Helens Tasmania
CGU. Covers bikes for up to $10k as part of accident damage in contents insurance. Dropped a Trek powerfly 5FS off the back of the car at speed. Frame was dented so they paid to replace with nearest available bike Rail 7. No difficulty

charlie

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles