AusCycling Board of Directors

imax

Oct 21, 2021
New Zealand
Still undecided and not convinced. Local trails are eroding.

I'm joing clubs directly supporting 100% of my MTB community and have much better insurance covering my bike and any liability issues.
velosure.com.au

Auscycling seems to be supporting the likes of pvt Green Valley MTB Parks which is fully booked out every weekend months before a race. They not open weekdays. If we want to go racing Rock Trail Flow has us covered.

Screenshot_20211228-111607_Firefox.jpg

Last edited:

imax

Oct 21, 2021
New Zealand
Ourimbah NSW beware, every, I mean every weekend some poor MTB rider gets sent to hospital. Used to be an ambulance trip but now its a paramedic helicopter arriving at the scene. Even the UCI World Cup rides would have a hard time sending the DH.

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
Ourimbah NSW beware, every, I mean every weekend some poor MTB rider gets sent to hospital. Used to be an ambulance trip but now its a paramedic helicopter arriving at the scene. Even the UCI World Cup rides would have a hard time sending the DH.

Well, this is plainly not true. I ride Ourimbah every week and while yes, people do occasionally get injured, it's not every weekend. Far from it. And mostly it's some new rider with little armour riding a clearly labeled downhill, without the skills to do so. Ourimbah is known as an extremely technical, fast and difficult track. It's short but gnarly. Jack Moir, our current EWS champion is a local. Now you know where he gets his skills.

Ourimbah is basically run by a small committee who rely on public support and led by one of the hardest working people I have ever met. While some of them had no income for the last 18 months they got our to the track most days for free and built two new tracks that are fantastic, except for the fuckwits who came up and rode them before they were open and ruined the surface, making for weeks more work. They've also installed new toilets and signage and are constantly working to improve the place. And Ourimbah is free to all riders.

Hundreds of riders enjoy Ourimbah every week. Instead of whinging how about turning up with a shovel or buying some trail karma. Maybe come and buy a cheapy uplift ticket to support the crew who dig every single week to make trails for us to enjoy.

Gordon

imax

Oct 21, 2021
New Zealand
How many Pro Ourimbah MTB riders do we know who have given up the sport due to their injuries inflicted at Ourimbah? The local community is raising the question.

ccmtb.com.au is the official site? HMTB club website is very proactive understanding the responsibilities. It would be nice to see Auscycling board of members getting involved. FaceBook has admitted inappropriately deceiving humanity continuously.

It seems 90% of trail work goes towards DH. CCMTB has refused to create an eMTB uphill trail and the flow trail is a death trap which has been smashed by large numbers testing their braking skills, far from flow.

Because of the large numbers attending the site there has become a higher demand for trail maintenance. Hence mention Auscycling start becoming pro active.

In order to join a club one has to become a AC member and then nominating a club.

Last edited:

imax

Oct 21, 2021
New Zealand
Instead of whinging how about turning up with a shovel or buying some trail karma. Maybe come and buy a cheapy uplift ticket to support the crew who dig every single week to make trails for us to enjoy.

Gordon
I'm yet to see trail fairies besides the XC committee members and myself maintaining the XC trax when I was on FB. I get no notification on any trail work although I purchased a year support pack. I have very little free time to ride.

Didn't old goat Greg Minnaar win the EWS 2021 championship?
🔍
Gold 2021
Ourimbah MTB Park Supporter – Gold

$200.00 / year
20220101_092814.jpg

flash

Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
How many Pro Ourimbah MTB riders do we know who have given up the sport due to their injuries inflicted at Ourimbah? The local community is raising the question.

ccmtb.com.au is the official site? HMTB club website is very proactive understanding the responsibilities. It would be nice to see Auscycling board of members getting involved. FaceBook has admitted inappropriately deceiving humanity continuously.

It seems 90% of trail work goes towards DH. CCMTB has refused to create an eMTB uphill trail and the flow trail is a death trap which has been smashed by large numbers testing their braking skills, far from flow.

Because of the large numbers attending the site there has become a higher demand for trail maintenance. Hence mention Auscycling start becoming pro active.

In order to join a club one has to become a AC member and then nominating a club.

Firstly, are you in New Zealand like you state? If so why are you an Ourimbah Gold supporter? I know what the sticker looks like. I have one on the back of my Land Rover.

Secondly, who is HMTB Club? A search brings up nothing.

Auscycling don't get involved in clubs, generally. They're the governing body. The clubs are independent but also members of Auscycling so they can run their comps as part of the state season. To be a member you need to join Auscycling

Why would Ourimbah build an uphill flow just for 25% of it's riders. ALL the gravity tracks start from the same point. At the top of the fire road. You ride that like anyone else. Ourimbah is essentially a gravity park. Anyway the next trail is the beginners link trail from the carpark to the family loop, which is to cater for the increasing number of families using the park. Ourimbak Bike Park is wholly on land owned by NSW State forests. They can't just build an "eMTB uphill trail". They need to consult, plan and finance these things and then get volunteers to build them. Right now they're doing the last touches to the pump track.

"How many Pro Ourimbah MTB riders do we know who have given up the sport due to their injuries inflicted at Ourimbah? The local community is raising the question." Are they? Who is this community? Is it the same community that was putting wire across trails at Kincumber at neck height? A group of disgruntled walkers? Cite a reference or retract your statement.

Yes the bottom half of Amaroo needs some work. With La Nina doing most of the damage with two years of very high rainfall and restrictions on trail maintenance due to COVID. Yet they still build upper Amaroo which is fabulous and on lower Amaroo only the steeps are showing serious rutting.

"I'm yet to see trail fairies besides the XC committee members and myself maintaining the XC trax when I was on FB. I get no notification on any trail work although I purchased a year support pack. I have very little free time to ride." There is no separate XC committee. Self maintenance is banned, except for maybe pushing a fallen branch off the track. The rules imposed by State Forests are very clear.

'Didn't old goat Greg Minnaar win the EWS 2021 championship?" You're in for a surprise....

For those who aren't locals heres Jack Moir doing a run on the Ourimbah DH track.

Jack Moir Local Laps - Ourimbah Downhill Track POV - YouTube

Gordon

p.s. I'm not making light of the dangers of DH riding. It is true a young rider was seriously hurt at Ourimbah yesterday. He was transferred by ambulance to Wyong Hospital and airlifted to Sydney. I wish for him a full and speedy recovery. For the record I am a member of the club and gold supporter but I am NOT on the committee nor do I pretend to speak for the club. I just don't think it's appropriate to slam the club or the volunteers who work to give us FREE trails to ride just because someone falls off a bike or some eBiker thinks they deserve special trails.

And what the fuck was with the Facebook comment???

Last edited:

imax

Oct 21, 2021
New Zealand
why are you an Ourimbah Gold supporter? I know what the sticker looks like. I have one on the back of my Land Rover.

'Didn't old goat Greg Minnaar win the EWS 2021 off a bike or some eBiker thinks they deserve special trails.
lol m8 just read your post again lol it not all about you as much as you wish it was.
Back to the AusCycling debate on to why we have to be a AC member to becoming a CCMTB club member?
For those reading this post you might be interested in supporting the club and receive stickers for you bike and vehicle showing you support.
The above post is a perfect example on how anal some ppl get because someone questions the piety of thought and one of the main reasons I have become a member of the SNORC MTB Club supporting a fantastic community and individuals like myself.
Clue H=Hunter many of us keep getting that one wrong which was a bit confusing with MTBA and the HMBA, no excuse if you hard-core and only ride Ourimbah which is CCMTB.
Have fun stay safe, guess I'm not welcome at CCMTB anymore.

Last edited:

imax

Oct 21, 2021
New Zealand
Is this some wierd cult the ccbtnmg club. I'm confused . How many clubs u guys got ?
There are a few clubs around the area managing different MTB parks. MTBA of Australia was the governing body and a couple of years ago AusCycling got voted in who amalgamated all cycling disciplines. Not that's my field of expertise therefore the question I have raised. So my dollar donated would go towards other disciplines that I do not participate in or ever will and sometime receive negative commentary from within those groups.
I just want to join a club so I can be proactive. My private medical health fund and bike insurance has me covered which is not needed from Auscycling.
SNORC who have developed a fantastic MTB Park within Hornsby NSW with the help of the local council have accepted my yearly membership application. I ride at Ourimbah as it is nearby on a historical XC trail. I would also like to become a club member of CCMTB which AusCycling is preventing me from doing.

Would AusCycling contribute more towards trail building instead of organising race events for Australian champions I would consider supporting them as I am far from ever becoming a Champion.

Pdoz

Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia
So are you just asking is ot possible to join a local mtb club without paying for racing / riding insurance / membership?

Why not just join the club of your choice via an Aus cycling " suporter" or " non riding" membership ? It's only $10 annual and gives the club the cover they need to have you volunteer for, eg, track maintenance. AusCycling | Memberships | Non Riding

I suspect this makes sense for the club - with workcover changes meaning volunteers are no longer insured under workcover, they need some sort of third party insurance so they can be sued for negligence if you get injured whilst doing maintenance

imax

Oct 21, 2021
New Zealand
Why not just join the club of your choice via an Aus cycling " suporter" or " non riding" membership ? It's only $10 annual and gives the club the cover they need to have you volunteer for, eg, track maintenance. AusCycling | Memberships | Non Riding
It's confusing.
Lifestyle = Blue = $75
Non Rider = Green = $10
ccmtb.com.au website should be more informative.

Screenshot_20220101-190834_Firefox.jpg

CCMTB membership $35/year I would rather give them $110. HCF have me covered, I don't need to sue anyone so I wouldn't be making a public liability claim.

Pdoz

Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia
I don't need to sue anyone so I wouldn't be making a public liability claim.

Everyone claims they won't sue - right up until sh1t happens , the kids get hungry and the only way to pay the mortgage involves sharing your significant other with sweaty people - and he/she/ze starts to enjoy it.

flash

Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
lol m8 just read your post again lol it not all about you as much as you wish it was.
Back to the AusCycling debate on to why we have to be a AC member to becoming a CCMTB club member?
For those reading this post you might be interested in supporting the club and receive stickers for you bike and vehicle showing you support.
The above post is a perfect example on how anal some ppl get because someone questions the piety of thought and one of the main reasons I have become a member of the SNORC MTB Club supporting a fantastic community and individuals like myself.
Clue H=Hunter many of us keep getting that one wrong which was a bit confusing with MTBA and the HMBA, no excuse if you hard-core and only ride Ourimbah which is CCMTB.
Have fun stay safe, guess I'm not welcome at CCMTB anymore.

Ourimbah is free to ride. I don't dictate who can ride there. You came up with a load of bullshit and I called you on it. Now you're calling me names to deflect from the lies you posted. Awaba and Hornsby are free to ride as well. You don't need to be a member and if you want to support any of these clubs then you can just buy some trail karma or roll up on a dig day.

You also need to join HMBA (to which I also contribute) though Auscycling if you want to be a member. I rode Awaba today. The downhill there is much more serious than Ourimbah.

SNORC also lets you join through Auscycling! The insurance alone is worth the effort. And aren't you located in New Zealand??

You may think I'm anal. The reality is I called you on your BS and you haven't done anything to answer any of my questions. Now you're deflecting. You're a troll. I presented my case. You answered no questions and tried to make it about me. It's about you and your claims. I'll now leave it for others to decide.

Gordon

Last edited:

imax

Oct 21, 2021
New Zealand
I rode Awaba today. The downhill there is much more serious than Ourimbah.
Gordon
You ment to say you rolled Awaba DH on 01/01/22 trollol
Do us a favour and let us know when the next XC trail maintenance is planned. Hope you like the new XC log ride we built, such a kweel feature.
Hope the young fella speedy recovery and see him back up on the trails.
Wishing every1 a Happy New Year.

Last edited:

flash

Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
You ment to say you rolled Awaba DH on 01/01/22 trollol
Do us a favour and let us know when the next XC trail maintenance is planned. Hope you like the new XC log ride we built, such a kweel feature.
Hope the young fella speedy recovery and see him back up on the trails.
Wishing every1 a Happy New Year.

Sorry, Should have clarified. I didn't ride the Awaba downhill. I have no illusions it's above my paygrade. I rode the XC lap and Biraban.

I rode the Ourimbah XC three days ago and I'm there tomorrow. Where is this log ride you speak of? I know that loop well and don't remember seeing it.

Gordon

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles