Auckland NZ Bike Rent, Beg, Borrow, Steal

#mitch

🦷 Tooth Fairy 🦷
Aug 23, 2021
New Zealand
This is a long story so TLDR: Anyone who lives in the Auckland New Zealand area have a bike (E or Acoustic Large size) that I could rent/borrow for a few months?

Yet again my Kenevo date has been pushed out to Jan 22 and after a year I really need to get out. I'm not aware of anyone that does long term rental as a business or anything so figured a long shot would be to ask here. I was going to pull the trigger on a Levo that I can get earlier but I just dont think its the right call for me. Im obviously happy to pay

The Flying Dutchman

E*POWAH Master
Jan 16, 2019
Wellington NZ
This is a long story so TLDR: Anyone who lives in the Auckland New Zealand area have a bike (E or Acoustic Large size) that I could rent/borrow for a few months?

Yet again my Kenevo date has been pushed out to Jan 22 and after a year I really need to get out. I'm not aware of anyone that does long term rental as a business or anything so figured a long shot would be to ask here. I was going to pull the trigger on a Levo that I can get earlier but I just dont think its the right call for me. Im obviously happy to pay
Mate your bike will arrive by the time Auckland is out of lockdown.

Labrador29

Jun 24, 2019
Marlborough New Zealand

Know how you feel. LBS South Island said Specialized e-mtbs pushed back to December. I suspect it will be 2022. Bloody frustrating but guess it is the same for all e-mountain-bikers around the world if you are waiting for Giant or Specialized.

#mitch

🦷 Tooth Fairy 🦷
Aug 23, 2021
New Zealand
Yeah is very lame. I have been toying with the idea of just buying an analog bike in the meantime with all the shipping issues but they ain’t cheap

Labrador29

Jun 24, 2019
Marlborough New Zealand
Yeah is very lame. I have been toying with the idea of just buying an analog bike in the meantime with all the shipping issues but they ain’t cheap
Have you had a look at TradeMe! A day or two ago there was a low k's 2019 Scott Strike 130 e-mtb for sale. Looked in excellent condition. can't remember what the Starting price was but I think around NZD $5,750.00. Seller located in Nelson though. Technology has moved on a bit, but this emtb may well be good buying if genuine kilometres. ( About 960 km ) Just a thought. Having said that, I know Scott make very good accoustic bikes, but have no knowledge of their e-mtbs

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles