Attention Brisbane based riders!

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I have just bought a couple of return tickets from the UK to Brisbane for several weeks in April. What off-road trails are available in the Brisbane area and where can I hire an emtb? I'm out there for a family wedding and will have my non-riding wife with me, so it is doubtful that I will get more than one chance to ride.

Any suggestions, comments and links will be much appreciated. :)

PS: I will be staying at Augustine Heights 4300

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
Hope you get to ride down under Steve, we'll be expecting a full report and pics though wedding photos are optional.

TheRealPoMo

Apr 18, 2020
Queensland
Hey Steve, you'll be out southwest then. Gap Creek Reserve is probably a good choice and about 30 min drive towards town. Trailforks should give you an idea of what's there and around. Epic cycles and Forbes MTB do hire I believe and I think they will deliver to the reserve. Never used them myself. Probably not cheap but this is eMTB....

Zed

Feb 26, 2019
Brisbane, Australia
It does depend what sort of trails you're after/time you want to travel. Close to where you're staying is Castle Hill, it's small and very much winch up bomb down, with a mix of trails up to pretty gnarly baby-head littered. It's pretty good actually, but I haven't ventured over there in a while. Not my pick of Brisbane trails but if you wanted trails close to where you're staying then go there.

Gap Creek as TheRealPoMo mentioned is better overall, but a bit of run out from where you'll be (ride Dingo if you go!).

Ironbark/Samford would be better and my suggestion if you can travel a bit longer (maybe 25 mins further than Gap Creek in the same direction - an hour each way) as has 3 really good longer runs down from the same trailhead (start with Kombi!).

Any of those are pretty decent.

As for hire... well... the only place I've hired one was Epic Cycles at Milton, before I bought one. You could go from there to Gap Creek pretty easily actually, not far. But check around the web about hire, I really dunno.

If you do end up doing it let me know if you want I can show you the trails if I'm available. I dunno about you but when I visit somewhere I always seem to just ride uphill the whole time :)

1645187782595.png

1645187879691.png

1645187582129.png

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles