Are YT about to launch an ebike?

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
This one with Christopher Walken? I wouldn't say they were "endless" references to electrickery, though the T in the logo does seem to have become a lightening bolt. I would certainly be very interested if they did...

bissona

Patreon
Oct 14, 2018
Guernsey
Despite the chunky BB it doesn't look like it has any battery hidden anywhere!

1547141190510.png

Nothing on the updated site menu to infer an eMTB is on its way unless the whole Jeffsy range is electric....
1547141227795.png

Time will tell....

WheelsandBoards

Dec 13, 2018
Cirencester
That's an image of a normal Jeffsy which they will of course launch.....If YT are true form the teaser video is not declaring everything.....but instead is a teaser.....more to be revealed......I might be wrong but I bet my left testicle that the new range has one........

dirt huffer

E*POWAH Master
Dec 3, 2018
Minneapolis
Maybe it's the ADHD in me, but my mind started to wander about 10 seconds into that monologue and I still don't know what he was talking about :confused:

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Just so long as they don't do a special edition of the latter... :eek:

mark.ai

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jul 10, 2018
Windermere
I noticed references to "turning it up to 11" and "plugging a jack plug into an amp" - is that suggesting electric vs acoustic?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Or are you just seeing what you want to see? :unsure:

The only thing that had me even a tiny way persuaded was the lightning flash in the T of YT. (Well done for spotting that). :)

Krisj

Patreon
May 1, 2018
Sheffield
Very Strange but quite moving advert ?
Had me captivated , can’t knock old Christopher though he did his job to perfection.

WheelsandBoards

Dec 13, 2018
Cirencester
The choice of the actor...means something to an older generation......ebikes currently have an older age profile.

The lights being switched on.
the references to jack plugs, amped
the message 'dont fight it, go with it'

If not then i am becoming a seriously sad f..k ebike nerd.......

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
YT have previously said that they will look at doing an EMTB, don't think this advert has anything to do with that, though would Jeffsy would be a good starting point for one.

"Riding eMTBs is great fun and they have cemented their category within mountain biking. Naturally, there are some prerequisites the bike has to satisfy and I think we’d be absolute amateurs if we didn’t take a closer look at the developments. However, if and when there might be an eMTB from YT remains undetermined."

Markus Flossmann, CEO in an interview last year in Enduro-Mag

WheelsandBoards

Dec 13, 2018
Cirencester
Can't afford Gwin because of the cost of developing and launching an ejeffsy......

I can't believe a German company (Germans have a broadly pro ebike attitude) would not look to hedge their bets and get a piece of the action.....

In fact I think they would be nuts not to ...

I can understand Santa Cruz etc not getting involved..... America is still at the denial stage !!!

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
YT have been selling bikes in the states for a few years now. I'd imagine they sell rather a lot there too.

YTs roots were also originally in dirtjump then bikepark/downhill style riding. as a company their increasing success/popularity has been very quick but bear in mind unlike a lot of their competitors they still only actually have 4 bikes in their line up.

The Jeffsy frame in the Walken ad has a different seat tower design from last years model and if you try to click on a Jeffsy on the YT site it just shows "coming soon" so I'm guessing that's definitely being released. Unless they're doing a KLF for the hell of it.

As for Gwin. He and YTs contract is perhaps not as straightforward as you might think Gwin came as the package "YT MOB" along with Martin Whitley (If you don't know who he is he's the longest standing most savy Sports career manager of top WC DH riders there's ever been - over 20years in the game). YT Supplied the frames, support and are title sponsor but many other deals came together for YT MOB to come to being.. YT still (and always have) supported many other professional riders both high profile and grass roots.

Lovin' the rumours though. it wouldn't be silly season without them ;)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles