Are uplift days numbered??

Sep 13, 2018
Leominster
Just come back from Flyup 417 at Gloucester. Paid the £8 day entry fee (Obvs) Uplift for analogue/acoustic bikes costs £33. I was getting in 2 runs to their 1 AND I was faster to the drop off point than the bus of shame! Could the uplift clock be ticking? Chatting to the uplift driver, he said that a lot of eee'Bers actually use the service saying its too knackering to ride up! SERIOUSLY?!?! Oh, the new red line here, 'Dubby Skipper' is brilliant. Short but it has everything...... Back there tomorrow on the eee'B ?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
What's the elevation top to bottom at Fly up?

My local DH tracks/uplift is Inners. The elevation top to bottom is around 1000ft.
I can only do 4 full runs on a full charge on my Ebike whereas I can do 14 runs with my DH bike on the uplift. (£25 for the day)
No entry fee whatver type of bike you ride.

If I want to go riding different tracks on my own with limited time Ebike is the one.
For actual DHing Uplift is very much still the one.
Or if I want a full days riding with a group of friends my Enduro bike is the one,
Any day with more than 4-5000ft of climbing the Enduro bike is also the one.

Sep 13, 2018
Leominster

My local DH tracks/uplift is Inners. The elevation top to bottom is around 1000ft.
I can only do 4 full runs on a full charge on my Ebike whereas I can do 14 runs with my DH bike on the uplift. (£25 for the day)

If I want to go riding different tracks on my own with limited time Ebike is the one.
Or if I want a full days riding with a group of friends my Enduro bike is the one,
Id say you are an exception. Down these parts they ain't nothing like you've got...... So maybe not so limited then, depending on your geographical location ?

Sep 13, 2018
Leominster

Id say you are an exception. Down these parts they ain't nothing like you've got...... So maybe not so limited then, depending on your geographical location ?

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
I doubt it. I went to Mammoth Mountain this season and even though I could have used my Ebike I rode my DH instead because it was lighter and still had more travel. Chairlifts aren’t going anywhere at big mountain resorts.

Slowroller

Founding Member
Jan 15, 2018
Wyoming
I think they're talking about vans and trailers sort of a deal, not chairlifts.... Chairlifts are already there, I agree, no change there coming.

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
Uplifts aren't going anywhere. My uplift record is 22,000 ft of decent in a day. Ebike won't get close to that.

@Old Northern MTB'er go ride fod instead of 417, so many better trails

Dax

May 25, 2018
FoD
Maybe 417 has improved, but I rode it on opening week and wasn't impressed, the blue didn't flow well. The red and black were fun, but im paying entry to a park for two trails.

Most of the time we ride Staunton at FoD, which has much better trails than 417 :)

Kernow

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
If you want to ride all day without uplift then you need 2 batteries I think , I really don’t like the uplift at bike park , it feels like I’ve not pedalled anywhere and I get cold waiting about yet Iam still knackered at the end of the day , I think I get wetter and filthier sitting in the bus than I do on my bike , but Iam not into the Dh only thing , one reason I bought an ebike .

Sep 13, 2018
Leominster
Maybe 417 has improved, but I rode it on opening week and wasn't impressed, the blue didn't flow well. The red and black were fun, but im paying entry to a park for two trails.

Most of the time we ride Staunton at FoD, which has much better trails than 417 :)
Its definitely improved from what is used to be, going by what my youngest son said from its early days. Its just somewhere different for a change and helps me get used to the eee'B on different trails etc. The new red is great, short but packed with all the things I need to practice; drop offs, gaps, hips and big jumps. Hopton woods tomorrow, the xc route for battery management training ahead of my 3 day adventure next month ?

Reactions: Dax
Sep 13, 2018
Leominster
If you want to ride all day without uplift then you need 2 batteries I think , I really don’t like the uplift at bike park , it feels like I’ve not pedalled anywhere and I get cold waiting about yet Iam still knackered at the end of the day , I think I get wetter and filthier sitting in the bus than I do on my bike , but Iam not into the Dh only thing , one reason I bought an ebike .
I'm considering a range extender kit for the Haibike as I want to do lots of multi day rides because mid Wales is on my doorstep. Got one planned next month so I need to do some experiments on local xc routes. Need to be able to put in a 77km ride on one charge on day 2 of the ride!! Battery management ??

Sep 13, 2018
Leominster
I'm considering a range extender kit for the Haibike as I want to do lots of multi day rides because mid Wales is on my doorstep. Got one planned next month so I need to do some experiments on local xc routes. Need to be able to put in a 77km ride on one charge on day 2 of the ride!! Battery management ??
Forget that re range extender kit......not available for full sus! Eek, battery management it is then, suppose it adds to the excitement of the adventure! Will i make it to the digs with assist or not or will I even make it to the digs?????

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles