ArdRock 2022

Whitby Chris

Subscriber
Jul 13, 2021
Whitby
Has anyone been and done this? how is it? I have a friend who has entered the introduction section which is around 30k, he is on a "normal" mtb. He has asked me to go but I am not sure on my skill level. I'm happy doing the usual stuff, FoD, Hamsterley and single track etc and have entered enduro's before like haibike and southern Enduro but I am a little cautious regarding ArdRock.

Richywalker64

Nov 14, 2020
Hartlepool
I have just entered the intro yesterday and am really looking forward to it although I've never done anything like this before and I also usually ride Hamsterly and Dalby red routes.

At 57 I thought I'd give it a go before I get too old.
I would just go for it if it's something you want to do, you rate your own skill level on the entry form from 1 to 5 which I imagine is to stop you getting in the way of faster riders.

Elsketcho

Jun 13, 2020
Bettsyw7nw10
I done it last year. There’s nothing overly technical and any of the bigger jumps have chicken runs at the side of them. The hardest thing about last year was the conditions after the amount of rain the area had had, the bottom of stage 2 was near unridable. The biggest issue is battery management as once you leave the start the route doesn’t go anywhere near it again until the finish. Last year I pretty much done the whole thing in either eco or off. Ard Moors in some respects is easier for battery management as after stage 3 you transfer back through the campsite so you can swap out the battery for a fresh one.

Richywalker64

Nov 14, 2020
Hartlepool
I only have a 504wh battery but I believe the intro is only 30km so I should hopefully make it round as long as I'm careful with the assist modes

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles