App and OTA updates for the 2022 Powerplays

thbo

Jun 30, 2020
Norway
It’s been months and I would have expected some news on the whole wireless connection issue. Especially since last gen Powerplays got a totally new app in January of this year (although that was probably initiated by Mahle).

I noted somewhere that the Jumbotron display has the necessary hardware to connect wirelessly in a variety of ways but it’s glossed over. Which is very strange in today’s market as everyone has worked to provide OTA updates and (more or less) useful app stuff, and RM was both catching up and launching something “cutting-edge” for the next 5 years. The displays on most emtb bikes are too fiddly and simple (by design) to be the primary human interfaces for everything.

I appreciate the zen-like off-the-gridness of not talking about apps or phones, rather than bikes and rides, but I can just leave the phone at home on rides while still being able to tune and update in the garage. Also I would like to record for my own sake in the common app I have used for it so far. Even better would be just with the watch app. Or possibly use a HRM straight to the bike for automatic support like you could with the last gen. And I’m not driving for hours to a dealer to get a proprietary cable stuck in for 5 minutes to get firmware fixes on my EUR 7500 bike (and preferably not lobbing a laptop and cables to the garage to check for it either).

I suspected it came about because of delays or problems at launch but haven’t heard a squeak about it since.

thbo

Jun 30, 2020
Norway
… well, at least I wasn’t the only one without any info about this.

thbo

Jun 30, 2020
Norway
My reseller told me the 2022 works with the Mahle app, I tried to connect the bike but she doesn't want to meet up with the iPhone

If the new Mahle MySmartBike (or old eBikeMotion) app is configured to control the new 2022 Powerplays, that would really surprise me. It works with the old Powerplay that actually has a Mahle controller.

RockyRider

Jun 8, 2022
Northern Italy
If the new Mahle MySmartBike (or old eBikeMotion) app is configured to control the new 2022 Powerplays, that would really surprise me. It works with the old Powerplay that actually has a Mahle controller.

The reseller told me that the motor is designed by RM and engineered and built by Mahle. I don't knwo if it's true, but they are skilled and one of the biggest ebike resellers in Italy.

vr6tee

Sep 19, 2022
USA
The reseller told me that the motor is designed by RM and engineered and built by Mahle. I don't knwo if it's true, but they are skilled and one of the biggest ebike resellers in Italy.
The motor is made by Dyname in Quebec, Canada.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles