Anyone using a DSD Runt on front fork?

SP SUSPENSION

Mar 1, 2023
Scottsdale, AZ
Anyone compare RUNT wirh MRP?
We did! We also tested against TruTune and Luftkappe. They all seem to have a different feel while trying to do the same things (sounds like regular suspension!) Suspension preference is always down to individual feel- so what works for one may not be optimal for another.
That being said- My favorite is the Runt. I like the coil like feel off the top, and I can dial in small bump compliance a little finer for me. I can get close with standard volume spacers- but I like tooless (okay a pump) to adjust things.
The MRP was second only for its adjustability, but to me the feel was just a little different. Trutune didn't do much for me, but we have some customers who love it.
We have put everyone from newbs to pros on the Runt and would venture to say at a 90% sucess rate. Just my two pennies here- but suspension is very subjective. Its one of those things that takes some experimenting (sometimes thats cash too) to find zen. Bottom line is to keep an open mind when tuning your bike and to keep your suspension serviced. No add on is going to give you full bang if your stuff is in need of some love.

Devey73

Apr 27, 2024
Australia
a
We did! We also tested against TruTune and Luftkappe. They all seem to have a different feel while trying to do the same things (sounds like regular suspension!) Suspension preference is always down to individual feel- so what works for one may not be optimal for another.
That being said- My favorite is the Runt. I like the coil like feel off the top, and I can dial in small bump compliance a little finer for me. I can get close with standard volume spacers- but I like tooless (okay a pump) to adjust things.
The MRP was second only for its adjustability, but to me the feel was just a little different. Trutune didn't do much for me, but we have some customers who love it.
We have put everyone from newbs to pros on the Runt and would venture to say at a 90% sucess rate. Just my two pennies here- but suspension is very subjective. Its one of those things that takes some experimenting (sometimes thats cash too) to find zen. Bottom line is to keep an open mind when tuning your bike and to keep your suspension serviced. No add on is going to give you full bang if your stuff is in need of some love.
agreed such a good upgrade with minimal weight penalty

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles