Anyone using a Bluetti power pack?

Geedog

Subscriber
Dec 5, 2020
Shillington, Bedfordshire
Hello, has anyone used a bluetti or similar power bank for off grid charging?
What are your thoughts of actual use, good points, quality, bad points, any recommendations or tips would be great. Thanks.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
It’s very good to be honest. I’ve been using it a lot. Camping, bike charging, laptop, in van etc.

Only downsides I’ve found is
  1. It won’t charge unless it’s turned on
  2. It loses about 2% charge per hour if left turned on (and unplugged)
  3. If using solar and the power isn’t enough to charge it, it actually loses power because of point 1
  4. Heavy
  5. Expensive

Other than the above it’s been a revelation. With my Bosch 6a charger on a typical ride I can give it the bike a spray charge for 45 mins from the van and it’s given it a decent boost. I am almost now totally off grid; yesterday my bike charged completely from it in my van, and the Bluetti was topped back up to 100% from my vans 12v.

In France I used it for my laptop, phones, watch, Garmin etc.

I’d thoroughly recommend it and wouldn’t want to be without it.

E3D148DD-644E-4A15-A281-F1C4DC36D0CA.jpeg

B5FFDC25-407E-4611-8C23-68166D0D948F.jpeg

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
Think the Bluetti is about £2k... (edit: seems they've dropped in price)

I initially had an Ecoflow Delta 1300, packed up after a few months, had a refund, bought two Ecoflow R600 max units for about the same price, both still working...

Now got one of THESE came with 80 watt solar panel as well. Also got 100 watt panel on the roof of my van.

Got all mine from Kickstarter or Indiegogo, there's usually something similar on those most of the time.

I'd echo the problems Rob mentioned, they aren't 100% efficient, more like 85/90% when using the inverter etc.

L666GTB

Aug 17, 2021
Isle of Wight
How much?
Don’t worry, I am sitting down…

On sale at £1799 currently ?

GMLS

Jun 22, 2020
Surrey
Loads of reviews on Youtube especially the motorhomers and vanlifers (like me) but we aware, many got them on launch foc so may not be 100% impartial. Lots of alternatives to consider and if you just wanted basic functionality you could but together your own system cheaper.
These guys know their stuff for the technically minded https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVsNMiYQkqwIq_gd0rTJF9g
and https://www.youtube.com/c/WillProwse. Both have indepth reviews.

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
I guess you could use one of the cheaper EB150 from Bluetti, for charging ebike etc, I only have a Rise so don’t need to much power output, just the one you have Rob looks impressive with wireless charging etc

Welshman

Subscriber
Nov 8, 2018
South wales
I use one out on the decking to run my tv and skyq box during the footy season….less power from the grid then. Also charge phone, ipads, runs lights etc etc. saves paying for external electric sockets and runs off a 120w solar panel. Win win

GMLS

Jun 22, 2020
Surrey
Looking at buying an Ecoflow Delta when their sale starts for camping etc as their recharge time is very good but I think yours has the Lipo4 battery which should last more cycles

Kingerz

Jul 11, 2021
Australia
I bought the Bluetti EB150 which is much cheaper and more portable. It is less than the price of a new Giant battery (AU$1400), which are out of stock in any case here and have been for ages, and would not be any use for powering my other devices.
I think it's brilliant. It can charge my 625W battery about twice, which means I can do weekends away even if I get no power.
I've added a 250W Kings solar panel and that can enable partial or often full charging with some decent spring to autumn sunshine (I'm in Victoria, Australia). It also runs my camping fridge all the time.

This unit will NOT recharge from a 12V car socket, only mains or solar and has a peak of about 1200W, which can easily cope with an ebike and several devices, but not maybe something that has a big, short surge like some coffee pod machines.

It was AU$1299 and the solar panel was $189. I also needed a $20 Anderson to MC4 adaptor.

If you hook this up to solar, make a few simple changes that take one minute if you know what to do:
1) Just swap the wires coming out of the 'middle battery' icon extension lead onto the 'left solar panel' ones. Then that becomes the output, no wire cutting needed.
2) I just bought a $20 Anderson to MC4 adaptor and plugged it into the Bluetti EB150 leads.
3) I had to change the - and + around in the Anderson output, which just unclips.
I might make a quick video to explain that process.

IMG_20221011_131650826_HDR.jpg

GMLS

Jun 22, 2020
Surrey
Update Waited and just bought the new Ecoflow Delta 2 which now gas the lipo4 battery.Might be worth looking at the Anker 757 with a smaller inverter.I went for the Ecoflow as I also need it to power other things

Kingerz

Jul 11, 2021
Australia
Hello, has anyone used a bluetti or similar power bank for off grid charging?
What are your thoughts of actual use, good points, quality, bad points, any recommendations or tips would be great. Thanks.
Hi eMTB community!

I've made a video about this now having bought a power station, a Bluetti EB150 for AU$1299 (717 Pounds if it is sold there) .

I'll do specific 2-3 day off-grid camping tests with my eMTB later this month, but I expect to have no problem keeping going for days on end if the sun is out, based on my typical ride day of 40km of undulating mountain biking (blue tracks+) with 1000m of ascent.

It's REALLY exciting to feel you are free from the need to get to a powerpoint each day, or to buy another very expensive bike battery that is of no use for anything else and in danger of being outdated every time the bike company does a refresh.

Link here:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles