Anyone upgrade their brakes? If so, hard to fish the rear brake line?

Gutch

Sep 10, 2018
South Carolina
I picked up some MT7 as my Sram R brakes aren’t stopping me efficiently, especially once they heat up, like sponges. I have upgraded to larger Magura rotors. So has anyone snaked a new rear brake line thru the frame? If so, was it a PITA? Any tips? Or simply a one beer job? Thanks in advance.

Sofa Kingfast

Feb 12, 2021
Boston
I did. Removing the battery made the job very easy. I only ran a chase line at the head tube as I didn’t want to mess with the battery lock assembly.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Rockshox do a tool that pushes into the hydraulic line that allows you to attach the old line to the new line and guide it through the frame. Park Tools also do a tool for that.

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
I've done it, MT7's on my bikes too.
Dead easy but if you find it tricky I have one of these kits (didnt need for brakes but did for the speed sensor)

Gutch

Sep 10, 2018
South Carolina
Awesome! Thanks guys. Gonna get at it this weekend. I’ll fish with a derailleur cable. Can’t wait to get some real brakes.

cdavies102

Jun 29, 2021
UK
Recently switched from Guide RE to XTR on my Bullit. Piece of cake with no extra tools required. Simply remove your battery, feeds through the rear triangle and into main frame very easily, then i just took a stab at guiding it up past the top battery connector and within a couple of tries it popped into the frame port. Used a pick it push against to guide it through and voila!

Gutch

Sep 10, 2018
South Carolina
Recently switched from Guide RE to XTR on my Bullit. Piece of cake with no extra tools required. Simply remove your battery, feeds through the rear triangle and into main frame very easily, then i just took a stab at guiding it up past the top battery connector and within a couple of tries it popped into the frame port. Used a pick it push against to guide it through and voila!
Cool, I know some bikes are a PITA!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles