Anyone tried the Focus Raven 2

Ryder

Apr 24, 2018
UK
Looks really interesting. I love the idea of a removable motor giving the option of an emtb and non powered bike in one package.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
No, but there are quite a few bikes coming out with that motor now, especially from the Italians

Ryder

Apr 24, 2018
UK
Ah OK. I do wonder if the lack of power from the motor will limit its use in a trail/enduro bike

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Yes, i think its a very different concept to most bike, i would anticipate its essentially like riding in Eco, but given the weight of the bike that probably all you need. I suspect not well suited to Enduro!

Bob

Jul 21, 2018
Germany
Don‘t buy this bike!!!!!!

I got one and I really want to take it back to the dealer, but that isn‘t possible ?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Yes more details please - lot of interest in the Fazua motor on here so would be good to hear if any issue!

Bob

Jul 21, 2018
Germany
Oh the Fazua System is really great!
I got the raven2 because of it’s clean look, battery is implemented great and the feeling of the bike is quite naturally.

With a full powered up battery you can reach about 3 h riding time by about 700m altitude climbing.

If you want a lightweight bike the Fazua System is the best on the market imho.

// Bob

Bob

Jul 21, 2018
Germany
Bob, let me know the details if you are thinking of selling, or fancy a trade with my Scott e-genius ;)

Well, this won‘t happen, it is my company bike ?

In private mode and for Long Range travel I got a wunderful Brompton!

If you want a Fazua on Trails take a Look at the new LaPierre Fully. That‘s looking impressive to me!

The Raven is a Forest Track destroyer, but when it comes to steps and jumps its HT Kicks you out of the pedals.

But as stated, I wouldn‘t buy one if I got the money, to many design flaws by focus.

// Bob

Ryder

Apr 24, 2018
UK
Interesting, what do you consider the flaws? Is it just that a race hardtail is not the bike for you? Certainly the reviews of the non powered Raven have been pretty good if you like that sort of thing.

2unfit2ride

Feb 2, 2019
herts
Any updates on this? I think if you slacken the angles but putting in a 130mm Pike along with a decent wheelset then this would be my dream bike for the type of riding i do.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles