Anyone running a regular shifter on their Levo?

sirshan

Oct 2, 2018
Oakland, CA USA
...meaning, not a single gear click shift? I want to slap this XX1 Shifter on and havent found a way to search or buy a single clicker shifter.

I can always put it on and just know to not shift multiple gears at a time as Im sure the single clicks were installed for a reason.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
If you switch to a normal shifter you just have to be conscious of how you shift, no problem multi shifting just don't do it under load, as you may pop the chain.

sirshan

Oct 2, 2018
Oakland, CA USA
I figured. I was also looking at the specs of some of then 2019 Models. Some are specific to Single Click and some don't mention it.

I guess my main motivation is to get away from this plastic one on mine. Other than that, I have the XX1 Derailleur and it works fine with the stock shifter.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I have read that, haven't found anywhere that sells. Not even SRAMs site shows them I don't think.
Yup for 2019 then are bringing out a much bigger range of EBIKE Kit, e.g shimano stpes compatible cranks, they had them at eurobike but no information yet on any websites

sirshan

Oct 2, 2018
Oakland, CA USA
I'm selling a single click shifter, check the for sale forum.

Thanks, I have a Single Shift Shifter that came with my bike (same as yours, ha)....I was just debating slapping on the XX1 I bought. I think I can manage to not go crazy shifting under load or dumping a million gears at once while riding.

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Yeah, I got caught out loads the weekend on my first ride. I'm ditching the single shift. Doesn't work for me and seems stupid to punch a button half a dozen times.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles