Anyone install a coil shock on a Yeti-160E?

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
Recently installed a Push ELEVENSIX on my YT Decoy and it transcended an already incredible bike. Thinking of adding one to my Yeti 160e. Would like feedback from someone who can offer insight. Thanks!

Rich-EMTB-UK

E*POWAH Master
Aug 11, 2019
UK
Recently installed a Push ELEVENSIX on my YT Decoy and it transcended an already incredible bike. Thinking of adding one to my Yeti 160e. Would like feedback from someone who can offer insight. Thanks!
did you go with the coil or are you still running the X2?

saione

Oct 19, 2020
Lerici
I've installed a DHX2 shock few months ago.
Difficult to say if it's better Float X2 or DHX2.
For sure I have the impression that Float X2 has a better tuning Yeti realized for the bike.
I used the same settings on DHX2 but difficult if they are ok.
Any suggestions?

scott2655

Sep 24, 2020
Melbourne
I’ve been running the Eleven Six for about a month and it’s well worth it. Big improvement on tech climbs and super smooth on the loose rocky stuff. I have Fox coil on my Sam2 and the thats great on that bike. The Push coil was a much bigger step up than the fox air to coil but it would be at the price!

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
Would you mind sharing which position you have your coil mounted to? I run my air shock in the middle "poppy" position. Also, are you using the stock Maxxis tires? I am looking to optimize my Yeti 160e more for techy climbing and still want dh performance.

saione

Oct 19, 2020
Lerici
Would you mind sharing which position you have your coil mounted to? I run my air shock in the middle "poppy" position. Also, are you using the stock Maxxis tires? I am looking to optimize my Yeti 160e more for techy climbing and still want dh performance.
Ty for your response.
I'm using the DHX2 in the middle position (30%sag).
My settings are:
HSC 6
LSC 11
HSR 5
LSR 8

scott2655

Sep 24, 2020
Melbourne
Yeti recommended the rear setting for coils although I did try this on the original air shock but didn't notice a difference.
The tires are the Maxxis the bike came with. might change the rear to a Dissector over the DHR2.

IMG_2204.jpeg

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
Yeti recommended the rear setting for coils although I did try this on the original air shock but didn't notice a difference.
The tires are the Maxxis the bike came with. might change the rear to a Dissector over the DHR2.

View attachment 103253
Appreciate the insight and pic. I never tried the stock tires but am going to install this weekend. Any thoughts on how the 2.4 DHR2 climbs?

scott2655

Sep 24, 2020
Melbourne
The bike has always climbed pretty well once I worked out what mode works best with what gear I'm in, Turbo was in the too power full in certain gears climbing rock gardens. Eleven Six has made climbing so much better as the rear wheel is just planted for max grip. no issues with tyre as such more the suspension set up.

saione

Oct 19, 2020
Lerici
Thanks for all.
I will try rear setting during (25%sag) asap.
I'm wondering if the rebound settings (both low and high speed) are correct. I had the impression that with coil shock a faster rebound is needed.
Regarding tyres I used 3 different tyres set:
- DHR2 2.4 + ASSEGAI MAX GRIP (all seasons)
- MICHELIN WILD ENDURO REAR & FRONT (summer)
- MAGIC MARY (rear) + SHORTY MAX GRIP (front) (WINTER/MUD CONDITIONS) [this set WOW works very well in mud]

Let me know your impressions on the rebound.

TY.

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
The bike has always climbed pretty well once I worked out what mode works best with what gear I'm in, Turbo was in the too power full in certain gears climbing rock gardens. Eleven Six has made climbing so much better as the rear wheel is just planted for max grip. no issues with tyre as such more the suspension set up.
Based upon your input and some research, decided to go with the Push ELEVENSIX on my Yeti 160e. Mainly for the climbing prowess which is kinda the opposite of why most go with a coil shock. Absolutely love the way the 11-6 enhanced the dh characteristics on my YT Decoy and sure the 160e will enjoy those benefits as well. Just have to wait for Push to return from the holidays!

liontwolf

Dec 28, 2022
US
Hi folks - new around these parts and was wondering, did you have to get new hardware and bushings? or it was a swap from existing?

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
Hi folks - new around these parts and was wondering, did you have to get new hardware and bushings? or it was a swap from existing?
When I replaced the Fox air shock on my YT Decoy with a Push ELEVENSIX it came with everything I needed. Very easy to install, all you have to do is replace current shock and install the Push with the bolts that were already in use for the previous shock. Team at Push is super friendly and knowledgeable. You can call, text or email and they will answer any questions.

liontwolf

Dec 28, 2022
US
When I replaced the Fox air shock on my YT Decoy with a Push ELEVENSIX it came with everything I needed. Very easy to install, all you have to do is replace current shock and install the Push with the bolts that were already in use for the previous shock. Team at Push is super friendly and knowledgeable. You can call, text or email and they will answer any questions.
any updates on delivery and ride? =)

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
Finally received the Push ELEVENSIX for my Yeti. As with my YT Decoy, comes with the required hardware and set up by Push at the factory based upon information required when ordering. Super easy to install and looks amazing! Will share ride characteristics after a get some decent miles on various terrains.

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
how's the Eleven6 working out for you?

I have changed the stock settings I ordered it with and was interested in your experiences?
I am very happy with the performance of the Push ELEVENSIX. Definitely noticed the benefits on dh aspects and the unexpectedly surprise has been the improved feel and performance when climbing. Not necessarily a downside, but it does feel less "poppy" and think coils take away the natural feel of a bikes suspension. I had a custom set-up from Push, one for Enduro/All Moutain and the other setting more of a trail type setting. After trying a coil on my YT Decoy and then the Yeti, will only run coils for now on.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles