Anyone have a wall mounted workshop stand?

RipGroove

Jun 3, 2022
Glos/UK
I'm after a wall mounted workshop stand that will take the weight of an EMTB comfortably. My current cheapo floor workstand was fone for my normal MTB but using it with the EMTB is a real balancing act because it simply can't deal with the weight. Was looking at this maybe but it does look like a lot of it's construction is plastic so not sure it'll be up to it. It's £55 vs £260 for a Park Tools version.

LifeLine-Workshop-Workstand-Wall-Mount-Workstands-Black-LL-34PGTSS.jpg

download.png

Stoffel

Jun 16, 2021
Cotswolds UK
I’ve got one of those which I use to hold my forks when servicing them and it’s great for that job.
I’ve got a park floor stand to hold the e-bikes, I’m not sure if I’d trust the above wall mount for that.

RipGroove

Jun 3, 2022
Glos/UK
I’ve got one of those which I use to hold my forks when servicing them and it’s great for that job.
I’ve got a park floor stand to hold the e-bikes, I’m not sure if I’d trust the above wall mount for that.
That's great thank you, that's saved me ordering one to find out!

JStrube

Sep 15, 2022
Atwater, CA
I wouldn't want to lock myself into working in one location. A nice free standing stand is very useful being moved around.

Tetsugaku

Founding Member
Mar 4, 2018
Brighton uk
I’ve got the cheapest Amazon one screwed into my garden wall and it takes 24 kg with no beefs at all. Sometimes cheap is totally fine

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I have a floor mounted stand that looks like it could have been made by the same people that made that Lifeline wall stand. In addition to using it to work on my bike, I also use it when I'm washing the bike. I must have had it at least 11 years, maybe 12. They are built to last.

If I need to apply some high torque, like on the BB, then I put the bike on the floor, otherwise pretty much anything goes.

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
I used to have a similar thing bolted to my garage wall. It worked pretty well, and mine was on a kind of V shaped plate / bracket - so you could just slide it out of the bracket and put it in a drawer.
I ended up changing to a Feedback Pro stand - which is more convenient as I can get 'round' the bike.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles