Anyone Got a Fulgur Mula or Polini EP3+?

to uhebt

Nov 14, 2022
South East
Anyone know much about these?

I had a test ride of one and really liked it. The only reservation I have is the 'newness' of the brand and the relative lack of reviews (in English at least). The Polini motor felt good, but apart from some reviews on other bikes that use it, I couldnt find that much, but what I did see looked good. I read the post on here where someone (Bearingman?) says they haven't yet been contacted to fix one.

It would be coming from Berkshire Cycles, they seem to be known for their aftersales service/assistance with warranty claims etc.

This would be replacing a steel hardtail and would be my first full sus, let alone £7k ebike. I know little about MTBs and fully accept that this is more bike than I need, workplace bike scheme discount makes it pretty attractive.

It would be used as an all rounder with occasional bike park trips- is there any concern with it being full carbon and being used hard at rocky North Wales bike parks for example? I'm around 90kgs so don't know how much that effects getting a full carbon MTB if intending to use it hard.

The others I've looked at were the Mondraker Crafty XR (liked, but heavy, and not mullet) and Whyte E-160RS (£600 more expensive than the Fulgur and Mondraker, not as well specced, felt a short reach).

Also on the list is Specialized Levo Comp, but I haven't ridden it yet.

Edit: I've read the threads on here about the Fulgur and the Polini, just wondering if anyone else has one.

Any advice?

Thanks

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles