Anyone ever wrapped their bike themselves ?

akuria

Patreon
Jan 30, 2020
san francisco
I have wrapped bike frames before. I would stay away from simple solid colors as it is IMPOSSIBLE to wrap a frame without seems. solid color show seems much more and knowing where to seem as well and what direction to seem for less viability is key. Graphics with lots going on are the best as the busyness of the graphic will hide most seems.

routrax

E*POWAH Master
Jun 15, 2019
Uxbridge
42.jpg

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
Try it? I expect you have some spare time and you’ll certainly learn something useful. Then feed back what you find :)

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Try it? I expect you have some spare time and you’ll certainly learn something useful. Then feed back what you find :)
this is exactly why I did it.. I was going to get it wrapped by essential (and may still have to of course) but I cant go there of course. got plenty of time so.. we will see

akuria

Patreon
Jan 30, 2020
san francisco
Just a tip from someone that wraps cars for a living. Chrome wrap vinyl does not stretch very well so use more pieces which will require more seems. We call them "inlays"

Also you will want to get some adhesion promoter and put it on in areas of high stretch before you put the vinyl on and do post heat after vinyl is on to erase the memory of the vinyl or else you WILL get lifting and pealing. It needs to be at least 180 degrees Fahrenheit.

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Just a tip from someone that wraps cars for a living. Chrome wrap vinyl does not stretch very well so use more pieces which will require more seems. We call them "inlays"

Also you will want to get some adhesion promoter and put it on in areas of high stretch before you put the vinyl on and do post heat after vinyl is on to erase the memory of the vinyl or else you WILL get lifting and pealing. It needs to be at least 180 degrees Fahrenheit.
thanks mate, I gotta say that I think this task is beyond my ability to create an acceptable finish.. ill use the wrap for other stuff I think.
what adhesion promoter?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles