Anyone dealt with 4mybike in Germany selling E-8000 motors on Ebay?

Thimlicek

Sep 23, 2019
Tilburg
I ordered one three months ago and in 4 days I had it (NL). You will just need to update firmware because that in engine work only with sc8000 display.

Master Link

Dec 7, 2018
Isle of Wight
@ Thimlicek, thanks for your prompt reply. The main reason for my question is that I am in the UK and wanted to know what duties and fees are payable (I know that I will have to pay 20% VAT). Since you are in the EU these will not be an issue for you.

Spiff

Feb 27, 2019
Earth
4Mybike eBay ad shows a warning that FW level of the motors they are selling is 4.3.2, which was released by Shimano on Dec 21th 2017, newer FW version 4.3.4 was released on Jan 16th 2018, so these motors were manufactured before Jan 16th 2018, which does not mean they are bad motors, but manufactured 4,5 years ago and may lack newer improvements.

Last edited:

Master Link

Dec 7, 2018
Isle of Wight
@Spiff, thanks I did see that and it is a concern. The other ‘issue’ is that the seller offers a 2 year warranty, but the motor has to be returned to Germany for them to evaluate! I’m still hopeful that Madison can sort me out and I don’t mind paying extra to get a UK warranty.

Master Link

Dec 7, 2018
Isle of Wight
Update on my situation. I went the LBS / Madison route. LBS ran diagnostics, which basically said there is a ‘communication error’! LBS sent data file to Madison, 1 week later they asked for the motor to be sent to them. 2 weeks later, after some nagging from LBS, Madison agreed to give me a new motor for half price. Since a motor from them is £ 920 incl VAT, it’s still a lot to pay, but cheaper than one from Germany and it has a full 2 year UK warranty. (Background: my motor had done 4750 km, is 3 years old and had the E010 / W0013 error).

So I would recommend trying Madison first if you’re in the UK. Only thing you might lose is riding time, but you could save some money and have a UK warranty.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles