Anyone 170cm-ish on a large Ransom 920?

DaveyPetey

Sep 29, 2019
SLC, Ut
Have been reading up for some time and think the ransom 920 checks all the boxes I have to upgrade out of my '20 Norco Range VLT with one huge exception, the incredibly short reach numbers. Even sitting on it feels tight in the medium, which is actually shorter than my Norco. Anyone under 170cm on a large. Top tube is pretty tall, but not as bad as an actual moto so I'm not too woried that aspect. Thoughts?

mastakilla

Apr 25, 2020
usa
its not gonna work. the seattube a large is 470 which is long. you wont be able to fit a decent dropper. im 183 cm and can run a 170 dropper max

DaveyPetey

Sep 29, 2019
SLC, Ut
I found a shop with an L in stock today and went and sat on it. Reach is perfect and the stand over is no different than small motox. Looking at the frame seat tube, I think an inch of material could come off without a problem, but a super low profile dropper will be something I try first.

mastakilla

Apr 25, 2020
usa
I found a shop with an L in stock today and went and sat on it. Reach is perfect and the stand over is no different than small motox. Looking at the frame seat tube, I think an inch of material could come off without a problem, but a super low profile dropper will be something I try first.
What you are saying does not make a lot of sense to me.. The bike is not fit for you and hacking into the frame sounds like a terrible idea at least to me. It's not like this is the height of the pandemic where you can't get an ebike there's so many other options that are arguably even a lot better personally I would just go for a voima

DaveyPetey

Sep 29, 2019
SLC, Ut
It's just aluminum. It will be fine. Too many horror stories to consider the Pole. 180+ Bosch 29er options in proper reach are essentially non-existent, unfortunately and the Scott is cheap enough to chop without too much worry IMHO.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles