Any other Cube Stereo 160 owners?

Dfowler

Jul 15, 2018
Shrewsbury
I've already smashed my motor bash plate (got a new one coming) and the transfer seat post has been returned due to something damaging the post below the seal. Apart from that, I'm loving this new eMTB thing :)

On the bash plate, I'm having one prototyped in carbon so a better alternative will be ready to buy soon (not from me).

Took it to BPW last week and beat some of my best times, didn't expect that with the motor drag.

20180812_104149.jpg

IMG-20180722-WA0003 (1).jpg

Airz

Aug 16, 2018
Farnborough
How are you finding the Cube? I've been agonizing over which eMTB to get and think I like the spec best on the Cube 160 action team. Not overly fussed about the noise from the bosch motor and like the thought of the increased torque it provides along with the auto mode.

Dfowler

Jul 15, 2018
Shrewsbury
I love it, and I've just got my transfer back. Took a few rides to get used to the weight in corners. Speed is now picking up on technical stuff. I find it's kicking me slightly on large jumps so I need to revisit rebound on the shock again.

20180816_202853~2.jpg

Airz

Aug 16, 2018
Farnborough
Your bike looks fantastic :) I was looking at the Cube and the Specialized Kenevo but the Cube is better specced and I'm not sure I'd need the 180mm travel with the riding I do around swinley forest. I'm currently on a 2013 Trek Remedy 9 so this will be quite a step up for me.

Dawnrazor

Patreon
Jun 11, 2018
Somerset
Hey - I have the 160 AT - its awesome, although I do like the stealth look. When you get a link to that carbon bash plate - I'll be ordering one.

Stray cat

Aug 24, 2018
On the trails
Has anyone tryed a coil or another shock? I think the frame is too linear, bottoming out every ride without big jumps or drops.
Adding more psi,then I feel the rear part too harsh
How about you guys?

Dfowler

Jul 15, 2018
Shrewsbury
mines been bucking me so ive slowed it but that's just a case of getting used to it, but i've found the right really good. it's not unheard of for fox to get a tune wrong...

Reactions: MsO

Airz

Aug 16, 2018
Farnborough
Flatted twice the Nobby Nic and thinking in swapping it for a DH casing or setting a system like Huck Norris or whatever
What do you think guys?
I've not flatted the stock tires but I have just converted them over to tubeless to make them more supple and less prone to flats. Only ridden 30 miles tubeless so time will tell how reliable they are.
Regarding the bash plates I might just buy a kit from these guys ( Easy Composites )and make my own out of Carbon before I destroy mine so I can use it as a template.

Cakey boy

Aug 14, 2018
Hampshire
It was this picture that inspired me to track this bike down and buy it, prefer it to the 2019 style, its coming on Tuesday, how are you enjoying yours? Just looks so
It was this picture that inspired me to track this bike down and buy it, prefer it to the 2019 style, its coming on Tuesday, how are you enjoying yours? Just looks so rad imo

I’m loving mine mate,I can’t fault the bike at all, you have made a good choice! I think you was lucky to get a 2018 model as most shops have sold out,and I’m not so keen on the 2019 model either and had my heart set on this as soon as I saw it ! Where did you manage to get yours ? Happy riding and enjoy mate ???

Gofurtherfaster

Oct 10, 2018
The woods
I’m loving mine mate,I can’t fault the bike at all, you have made a good choice! I think you was lucky to get a 2018 model as most shops have sold out,and I’m not so keen on the 2019 model either and had my heart set on this as soon as I saw it ! Where did you manage to get yours ? Happy riding and enjoy mate ???
Hah that is awesome! Had no idea they were running low so yeah made up to have gotten it, got it from racecouk.com the guy Paul was incredible, super friendly and really helpful.

Your pedals and grips, can I ask what they are please? The colours make the bike look so much cooler than even the one I've got and its just grip/pedal colour difference, crazy how much of an impact they make visually.

Cakey boy

Aug 14, 2018
Hampshire
Hah that is awesome! Had no idea they were running low so yeah made up to have gotten it, got it from racecouk.com the guy Paul was incredible, super friendly and really helpful.

Your pedals and grips, can I ask what they are please? The colours make the bike look so much cooler than even the one I've got and its just grip/pedal colour difference, crazy how much of an impact they make visually.

Hi mate pedals are nukeproof neutron and grips are what the 2019 models are coming out with SDG slater, the orange is a great match !

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles