Any NorCal EMTB riders?

Pinoy-E-MTBer

Founding Member
Feb 27, 2018
Northern California
So far we got 3 confirmed and 5 maybe, We will ride fast and the trails we will take are intermediate to advanced (at spots). Join us on this ride and scout it out first. See if your wife can handle it.
Yes, that sounds like the plan. I will take her back there sometime and we can ride it at her pace. Sounds like I will be tested to keep up with you as I just got a new knee 8/15 and started cancer treatment this week which makes me fatigued. I will do the best I can but will not be offended if you leave me behind.

No worries Ron, we don’t leave anyone behind on our rides.

Ron

Patreon
Sep 27, 2018
Campbell, CA USA
Anyone riding this ride have a 2019 Levo? I need a bike to compare to mine....Im worried now that I have one of the bad batch loud ones. It didn't really bug me until the other day...I don't ever remember my 2018 Levo sounding like this.
I’m riding a 2019 Levo Comp Carbon size L, we can compare.

Pinoy-E-MTBer

Founding Member
Feb 27, 2018
Northern California
Update!

The air is so thick with smoke right now. Most (if not all) of the bay area is covered with it. If the air quality doesn’t improve by Saturday morning. We may need to cancel the Wilder ride on 11/18

Pinoy-E-MTBer

Founding Member
Feb 27, 2018
Northern California
The air quality in Santa Cruz improved! The ride is back ON, hopefully you guys can still join. See you tomorrow @ 9am in the Wilder Ranch main parking lot.
Screen Shot 2018-11-17 at 6.49.40 AM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Ron

thetbg

Nov 7, 2018
usa
Anyone riding this ride have a 2019 Levo? I need a bike to compare to mine....Im worried now that I have one of the bad batch loud ones. It didn't really bug me until the other day...I don't ever remember my 2018 Levo sounding like this.
i have a 2019 levo

Ron

Patreon
Sep 27, 2018
Campbell, CA USA
I had fun, Greg wrote to ask if I was injured my reply:

Sore, stiff neck and bruised ribs on my right side, but nothing broken but my pride. I realize that if I had carried more speed I would not have tipped over when my pedal hit the bump. I definitely need to work on my technical riding skills. You guys were great to look out for me.
I just started riding again when I bought the Levo after 5 years of fighting Multiple Myeloma (bone marrow cancer), so I am rusty and overly cautious. I was planning on riding a half mile technical section up and down several times in Los Gatos before our Sunday ride just to get some training in, but the smoke kept me off my bike until Sunday. I plan to practice riding technical trails so that I can do a trail like that with confidence.
Thanks, hope to see you again on a ride.
Ron

Pinoy-E-MTBer

Founding Member
Feb 27, 2018
Northern California
I had fun, Greg wrote to ask if I was injured my reply:

Sore, stiff neck and bruised ribs on my right side, but nothing broken but my pride. I realize that if I had carried more speed I would not have tipped over when my pedal hit the bump. I definitely need to work on my technical riding skills. You guys were great to look out for me.
I just started riding again when I bought the Levo after 5 years of fighting Multiple Myeloma (bone marrow cancer), so I am rusty and overly cautious. I was planning on riding a half mile technical section up and down several times in Los Gatos before our Sunday ride just to get some training in, but the smoke kept me off my bike until Sunday. I plan to practice riding technical trails so that I can do a trail like that with confidence.
Thanks, hope to see you again on a ride.
Ron

I'm glad nothing is broken. Great places to give a go are: Jon Nicholas Trail in Sanborn Park in Los Gatos and Alum Rock Park in North San Jose (next to Milpitas) Just reach out to me and I'll ride those trails with you.

sirshan

Oct 2, 2018
Oakland, CA USA
Just rode up Diablo this past weekend before the rain on Sunday...Meridian Ridge or something of that sort. Wow, what a nice ride that is. Super short, super steep...but it reminds me just how lucky we are to live in such a trail rich area. Steepest grade towards the top - 30%...didnt even think that was doable.

We can do that again sometime...not having rode the ridge before, I took it easy...even then, still hit 46mph going down. You couldn't slap the smile off my face if you tried.

Pinoy-E-MTBer

Founding Member
Feb 27, 2018
Northern California
Just rode up Diablo this past weekend before the rain on Sunday...Meridian Ridge or something of that sort. Wow, what a nice ride that is. Super short, super steep...but it reminds me just how lucky we are to live in such a trail rich area. Steepest grade towards the top - 30%...didnt even think that was doable.

We can do that again sometime...not having rode the ridge before, I took it easy...even then, still hit 46mph going down. You couldn't slap the smile off my face if you tried.

Are you free next Wednesday 12/26? I would love to ride Mt Diablo and go explore more of the hidden routes there.

tretopflir

Jun 20, 2018
Shedonopollis
I rode Diablo Monday. Wet and very slippery in the shade. When I came down Wall toward Macedo ranch between the gate and the parking area( I was gonna ride back up) extreme mud that caked my bike,shoes, clothes. Took me 90 min to go the last mile. One wheel turn and clean caked goo. Shoes looked like I was wearing platforms from the 70s. I had to cut of my fenders to get one rotation of my tire. The mud was a combo of mud,cow shit,and straw grass. Could build a perfect adobe house on a fault line.

I’ll ride Wednesday if no rain tho....

Pinoy-E-MTBer

Founding Member
Feb 27, 2018
Northern California
I cant do Wednesday. Free Thur, Fri and Sun. Sundays only early mor ing starts for me.

Wednesday will be my free day to ride during the weekdays, next week. We have a ride scheduled for next Sunday 12/30 it will be in Wilder Ranch and we got a fun (strong intermediate) route planned. You're welcome to join us

Pinoy-E-MTBer

Founding Member
Feb 27, 2018
Northern California
I rode Diablo Monday. Wet and very slippery in the shade. When I came down Wall toward Macedo ranch between the gate and the parking area( I was gonna ride back up) extreme mud that caked my bike,shoes, clothes. Took me 90 min to go the last mile. One wheel turn and clean caked goo. Shoes looked like I was wearing platforms from the 70s. I had to cut of my fenders to get one rotation of my tire. The mud was a combo of mud,cow shit,and straw grass. Could build a perfect adobe house on a fault line.

I’ll ride Wednesday if no rain tho....

Looks like we'll have plenty of rains in the forecast for this weekend into next week. Hmmmm, Rockville is a great option! I'll post a Rockville ride for next Wednesday, wanna go?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles