Any Meta Power SX Owners Here from Brisbane, Australia?

sleevedone

Jun 25, 2020
Red Deer, Alberta
I wish I could say I was in Brisbane, sure the weather is way better than where I am.

IMG_1037.jpg

Matt_Rider

Jul 13, 2020
Melbourne Australia
You seen one yet? I'm down to a 20201 Meta, YT Decoy and Turbo Levo.

I emailed Commencal Sydney about warranty work and they said any LBS can do the work and invoice Commencal. Any electrical issues can get done at a Shimano dealer local to you. Thats a HUUUGE plus in my books. YT want the bike to go to Canberra for anything and back to Germany for the electrical stuff.

RobNevyn

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Nov 19, 2018
Central Coast NSW Australia
You seen one yet? I'm down to a 20201 Meta, YT Decoy and Turbo Levo.

I emailed Commencal Sydney about warranty work and they said any LBS can do the work and invoice Commencal. Any electrical issues can get done at a Shimano dealer local to you. Thats a HUUUGE plus in my books. YT want the bike to go to Canberra for anything and back to Germany for the electrical stuff.

Good to know with the support, seriously considering the 2021 Meta SX or 29 for my next ride, hoping that they have more colours than the pastel green in the leaked photo, I loved the 2020 colours.

Dmh_875

May 10, 2020
straya
I'm also brisbane! I had my list down 3 bikes but they all have their concerns
the decoy elite.. the elite only because of size.. pushys will only get xxl that. And generally dealing with pushys isn't a great thing. So the warranty work could definitely be a issue

The pripain ekano. Theres none in aus and the wait is longer than I want.. but other than that they look the goods. So many options too

And the sx commencal. Only thing I have a slight concern is size. I think they are a tiny bit smaller than the others. But im definitely leaning towards this bike

I've messaged commencal a couple times with random questions and they reply really quick and seem like they would be great to deal with.

Woody12

Jul 18, 2020
Australia
I'm also brisbane! I had my list down 3 bikes but they all have their concerns
the decoy elite.. the elite only because of size.. pushys will only get xxl that. And generally dealing with pushys isn't a great thing. So the warranty work could definitely be a issue

The pripain ekano. Theres none in aus and the wait is longer than I want.. but other than that they look the goods. So many options too

And the sx commencal. Only thing I have a slight concern is size. I think they are a tiny bit smaller than the others. But im definitely leaning towards this bike

I've messaged commencal a couple times with random questions and they reply really quick and seem like they would be great to deal with.
I was close to ordering a trek rail but I’m going to wait for the new Meta and shimano donk. The rails that I liked are not available until November anyway so I may as well check out the new releases. The guys at commencal were great on the phone and also reiterated that any warranty work can be performed by a certified bike mechanic. They sounded excited by the new shimano and also let slip that stock will be available immediately once the shimano embargo ends and the motor is finally introduced.

Dmh_875

May 10, 2020
straya
I was close to ordering a trek rail but I’m going to wait for the new Meta and shimano donk. The rails that I liked are not available until November anyway so I may as well check out the new releases. The guys at commencal were great on the phone and also reiterated that any warranty work can be performed by a certified bike mechanic. They sounded excited by the new shimano and also let slip that stock will be available immediately once the shimano embargo ends and the motor is finally introduced.

Totally agree!
My partner has the powerfly LT and although they dont rate that well its a great bike

Haha they also could have loosely said that the sx mdls will range from 8500 to 12000 but actual prices will be out later.
Definitely alot better than I was expecting. Price wise

Woody12

Jul 18, 2020
Australia
Totally agree!
My partner has the powerfly LT and although they dont rate that well its a great bike

Haha they also could have loosely said that the sx mdls will range from 8500 to 12000 but actual prices will be out later.
Definitely alot better than I was expecting. Price wise
Yep, I believe their will be a bit of a price jump, but hopefully not like specialized who hiked theirs a couple of grand on some models here in Aus, crazy. Wish my wages would jump up like products do every year.... haha.

Matt_Rider

Jul 13, 2020
Melbourne Australia

The way they do their warranty is the reason the Decoy has now been relegated to second or third place in my list of bikes. Commencal seem to have it figured out how to support a direct to consumer customer.

Reckon if we get a bit of a group buy happening they could do a better deal? I have potentially 3 orders ready to go very soon.

Me, my girlfriend and her dad are all ready to pull the trigger on the right bike.

Woody12

Jul 18, 2020
Australia
It sounds like a great idea and I would be happy to join in but I have a funny feeling they will struggle to keep stock of bikes! It may be a first in best dressed situation, who knows with the economy and what’s going on in the world at the moment. I grew up in Brissie and then lived on the Gold Coast for 15 years, loved it. I’m now in Tassie, away from the crowds! hence the want to start riding again as the tracks here are amazing and it ain’t so bloody hot!

Woody12

Jul 18, 2020
Australia
Ye
They aren't as big as Specialized here in Aus. They still have all bikes in stock from the current range. Nothing is sold out. See what happens when the new models are out.
Yep, I agree. I was looking at the 2020 team 29 but the new motor and battery would be too good to pass up for not much more money. Keep me posted and once they are released if everyone is keen on one we can put the question to them. Don’t ask you don’t get.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles