Levo Gen 3 Any educated guesses on when the levo is due for a redesign?

baltik

Feb 22, 2023
California
Is it typically a 2 year refresh cycle or 3? Any thoughts on whether a new model will be available in ‘23 or ‘24?

escrs

Jun 26, 2019
UK
The gen 1 Levo came out in 2015
The gen 2 Levo came out in 2018
The gen 3 Levo came out in 2022

So the cycle is 3-4 years so id expect 2025 for the new Levo

Check this link out , it talks about when each gen came out (upto gen2) and includes the gen 1 carbon model, Kenevo and motors etc..

Piflipvtt

Jan 24, 2019
France
Le Levo gen 1 est sorti en 2015
Le Levo gen 2 est sorti en 2018
Le Levo gen 3 est sorti en 2022

Donc le cycle est de 3-4 ans donc je m'attends à 2025 pour le nouveau Levo

Consultez ce lien, il parle de la sortie de chaque génération (jusqu'à la génération 2) et inclut le modèle carbone génération 1, Kenevo et les moteurs, etc.

Levo gen 3 2021

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I bought a Levo Comp in early 2019 and it was a clear market leader at that time both in terms of geo and electrical integration.........plus of course the quietest and most powerful motor. That was enough to clearly differentiate Specialized in the EMTB field and subsequently enable them to charge a premium for their bikes. Well time has moved on and apart from their deserved reputation for warranty it is difficult to see now how they can maintain their market position with any differentiation. So for me the question is not when any new Levo will be launched but what new advances in technology would enable it to be worth waiting for. The majority of brands have now settled a round a fairly similar geo set up, Bosch have stolen the motor crown for reliability and integration and a few niche brands like Pole are taking market share among those looking for something different. Specialized have also dropped the ball when it comes to "half fat" EMTBs having led initially with the Kenevo/Levo SL.
I believe any new Levo either has to break the mould as far as premium pricing is concerned or introduce something radically new. One market opportunity could be a bike that is fully switchable between being a half fat trail bike ( low power, trial geo, with a small battery) to being a full fat enduro bike ( full power, enduro geo, 700w/h + battery). The ability to switch geo is already there, different sized batteries are available but not packaged together, so all it needs is a simple OTA ability to switch from full fat to half fat power. Maybe part of such a package could be a brand new (for EMTB) frame material. Lastly, maybe a meaningfull move away from Derailleurs and chains??
OR....................Stay conventional with a focus on reliability backed up by a 5 year warranty!! That would sell!!

kirkbar

Jan 2, 2023
USA
I saw the specs for the new Levo SL - I think it's dropping this summer. Looks to be about 20% better.

JohnnyG

Oct 6, 2019
Munich
Brose is said to release the new motor at Eurobike. I am pretty sure that Specialized will be one of the first to use it in the Levo, so I would think in the 2024 model

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I saw the specs for the new Levo SL - I think it's dropping this summer. Looks to be about 20% better.
May 4th. There's a thread about it with pretty much all the specs.

bond.png

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I think Mike's right.

I'd expect a longer stretch between models.

The Gen2 brought a bigger battery with a different mounting system. Mixed with lighter version of the motor. Though effectively a burlier and heavier bike.

The Gen3 brought variable geometry and a general improvement all around.

Nothing's really moved on to justify a Gen4. It's more likely we'll have something like a model refresh in some way if they feel it's getting stagnant in the market place, but it still does what it's supposed to do well. The quality of the product arguably goes up with each version, there's also a far larger investment in documentation an support - so you'd want longer model runs to cover this investment.

I'd guess more like 2025 for a Gen4 with a completely different motor and battery.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles