Another e-bike convert!

GDAS

Sep 19, 2018
Surrey, UK
Hi everyone,
after demoing a few e-bikes (Focus-Shimano, Haibike-Yamaha,Moustache-Bosch) a couple of months ago, I've just bought a third-hand 2017 Levo FSR Expert and am very pleased with it. It's soooo quiet!! And the power delivery is very natural as well.

I'd ordered a brand new Canyon Spectral:ON, but it got to the point where their forecast dispatch window was in the past, so I decided to cancel. A deciding factor was also the dreadful Canyon customer service reviews on Trustpilot. Also, having read some threads on here about people buying e-bikes from online sellers (e.g. CRC) and encountering slow customer service, I decided it would be better to buy a bike where the manufacturer has a bricks and mortar presence.

I saw Rob's video about Chris at Berkshire Bikes, and since they're not too far from me, I decided that Spesh Levo was the way to go. But brand new prices were outside my budget so eBay was my friend and found me a nice 2017 model. I'll be contacting Chris in the next few weeks to organise some firmware updates. I might also buy the new Spesh handlebar bluetooth display unit which shows mode and battery status.

However, I'm keen to have a go with Paulo's BLevo app, and I've just picked up a bluetooth-enabled HRM. Next step, I need to be able to attach my smartphone to the handlebars. Not really an e-bike question I know, but can anyone point me in the direction of a mount that they've used and works off-road? I see lots on Amazon with good reviews but not sure they're up to singletrack shredding!

Big thankyou to Rob for creating this fantastic resource (plus your YT vids)

Graham

Mike Smith

May 26, 2018
Derby, UK
Welcome Graham, I bought a new Levo back in June and just love it and can't wait to get out and ride again, I use Blevo but keep my phone stashed away in my pocket,

Bumbershoot

Sep 11, 2018
Oregon
Hi everyone,
after demoing a few e-bikes (Focus-Shimano, Haibike-Yamaha,Moustache-Bosch) a couple of months ago, I've just bought a third-hand 2017 Levo FSR Expert and am very pleased with it. It's soooo quiet!! And the power delivery is very natural as well.

I'd ordered a brand new Canyon Spectral:ON, but it got to the point where their forecast dispatch window was in the past, so I decided to cancel. A deciding factor was also the dreadful Canyon customer service reviews on Trustpilot. Also, having read some threads on here about people buying e-bikes from online sellers (e.g. CRC) and encountering slow customer service, I decided it would be better to buy a bike where the manufacturer has a bricks and mortar presence.

I saw Rob's video about Chris at Berkshire Bikes, and since they're not too far from me, I decided that Spesh Levo was the way to go. But brand new prices were outside my budget so eBay was my friend and found me a nice 2017 model. I'll be contacting Chris in the next few weeks to organise some firmware updates. I might also buy the new Spesh handlebar bluetooth display unit which shows mode and battery status.

However, I'm keen to have a go with Paulo's BLevo app, and I've just picked up a bluetooth-enabled HRM. Next step, I need to be able to attach my smartphone to the handlebars. Not really an e-bike question I know, but can anyone point me in the direction of a mount that they've used and works off-road? I see lots on Amazon with good reviews but not sure they're up to singletrack shredding!

Big thankyou to Rob for creating this fantastic resource (plus your YT vids)

Graham
These look pretty good, from Australia: Shop Ride

Bumbershoot

Sep 11, 2018
Oregon
@Bumbershoot welcome to the forum, do you think they sit quite high and could be prone to being caught?
They sit up a little, but I doubt it would make much difference in a crash. I suspect the case would take the blow and the phone would either get torn off the bike or spin on the handlebars. I don't know, though, time will have to tell.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles