• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

And if I went back would I be able to move forward?

chamaruco

Inactive Member
Dec 28, 2020
Arezzo
A little tired of fighting with updates, humidity, batteries, engine failures and various attentions, after almost 6000 km and an expiring warranty, I was wondering, now that I'm back in physical shape, would I be able to do, maybe less but with the same constancy, what I did with the ebike? Oh well, mine is a light ebike, but there is always support and I will have to do without. At 50, will I be able to pedal alone and have fun and not get discouraged?
Has someone already done it?
the idea was to sell the ebike and get a full analog one, doing less but doing it consistently.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2022
Scottish borders
Yes you would. You may have to put more effort in and do it without assistance but that's ok.
I've ridden my SL for dozens of rides since getting it beginning of December, not ridden a non ebike at all. I took both to a nearby trail centre because I wanted to satisfy my curiosity about a couple of things.
The steel hardtail was a hoot, light springy, easy to pedal. I chased the time on the kenevo sl and it was also great in different ways. More stable through steep rough techy stuff and easier on trail on every climb. I'd emptied my legs with the hardtail but managed a 15min faster ride on the KSL.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I bought my first emtb because of arthritic knees and I was reborn! :love:
I had already sold my enduro mtb to help fund the emtb purchase, but I hung on to my trail mtb for another three months. My knees were feeling good, so I gave the mtb a go. OMG! back to excruciating knee pain and a very short ride! :eek:

I sold the mtb without a second's thought. But I wished I had hung onto it for my grandson, who suddenly shot up a year later and would have had more fun with it than I got from the money I had sold it for.

My manually powered (edit: I should have said unassisted!) bike days are OVER! No going back for me. And I don't regret it one bit. :love:

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles