Levo Gen 3 Amygos Motor Guard- Gen 3 Levo

Connah_g

Aug 1, 2021
Greater Manchester
Who has the Amygos Motor Guard for the Gen 3 ?

I ordered one recently and it’s arrived but I think I ordered the slightly wrong product. Admittedly my mistake but I’ve messaged customer service on the site to see where I went wrong just waiting for a response but thought others that have ordered might be able to shed some light…

so the website is a bit hard work even when you click “Anglais” it’s still majority in French, but I can use the browser to translate, when I filter products to Levo 2022 there are 4 listings, I presumed I needed the listing titled “carter moteur pour Turbo Levo G3 ,carbone 29p 2022, montage avec 2 sangles , concept EAP” which is €130 and translated to “Engine housing for Turbo Levo G3, carbon 29p 2022, mounting with 2 straps, EAP concept” but the issue came with the options when adding to cart there are 3 options listed under “Montage Sangle souple, Batterie additionnelle, porte bidon ” which translated to “Mounting Soft strap, Additional battery, can holder”

1.) Avec batterie additionnelle (With additional battery) €130
2.) Avec porte bidon (With can holder) €130
3.) Sans porte bidon et batterie (Without can and battery holder) €125

Now from the pictures I could see they did a downtube protector, so from the options I assumed option 1 would include the downtube protector and 2 would include a bottle cage of some kind and option 3 was without those additional items but I now realise those options must relate to the straps/Velcro because I ordered option 1 and the motor guard has arrived (without the downtube protector, not that I’m bothered by that just thought it was worth the €5) but the motor guard just had Velcro tabs and 2 pieces of Velcro tape whereas the pictures show nice riveted leather Velcro straps with a buckle so now I’m thinking option 1 is for people running some kind of extender battery in a bottle cage ? And option 2 is if you run a bottle cage which means you get Velcro rather than the nice leather straps so that the Velcro fits under the bottle/cage ? Really wish I’d got the leather strap version though as it looks much nicer but which option was I meant to pick for this, is it option 3 ? Also if I run a fidlock bottle would option 3 have worked for me or would I have needed option 2 and is that basic Velcro at the top and nice leather strap at the bottom ?

The guard itself looks really nice and protective especially the way it wraps around the motor and chainring and covers the hinge that everyone breaks on the battery door and it’s foam lined so should absorb impacts well compared to the rockguard I snapped in two last weekend and the delivery was quick just wish the website was a bit better for English speakers or even if each option had a picture next to it would help rather than the generic pictures on the listing.

Sturestigarn

Oct 5, 2022
Stockholm
I'm thinking about ordering one as well. But very confused about the options, so I will probably ask som questions in an email och explaining what I want and what bottle cage I use.

it's really expensive though. How has your guard held up?

Connah_g

Aug 1, 2021
Greater Manchester
Hi,

If you’re on Facebook there’s a page/group called ‘AMYGOS - Protections Cadre VTT’ the owner of the company Antoine Fernandez is on there and he is able to answer any questions you have prior to ordering, some stuff gets a bit lost in translation though but that’s definitely the way to go rather than ordering blindly like I did.

Although saying that, I’m really happy with the guard, it’s held up really well, takes impacts better than guards I’ve used previously as it’s foam lined and is quite flexible/malleable so it seems to scratch/gouge rather than crack and break like the carbon guards and the design of covering the battery door is and wrapping around the motor and chainring gives better protection than any other guard I’ve come across. Albeit I got the Velcro strap version it’s purely an aesthetic issue rather than functional and it doesn’t bother me as much now but it would’ve been nice to have the leather straps!

Cord

Mar 15, 2020
lancs
Please can you post some pictures? I'm looking for a guard and this seems the best option. Do you think it will work with the new hinged battery door?

Connah_g

Aug 1, 2021
Greater Manchester
I’ve only got this picture really from when I first received it, I’ll try and get some more for you from the non-drive side but I would say it should definitely work with the new hinged battery door, it must only add 2.5mm to the overall width from what I’ve seen ? And the guard can flex easily to accommodate this and it also protects the battery door too as it almost completely covers it
55456626-AAF5-4DDE-9753-B33914F05D12.jpeg

upperoso

Nov 5, 2022
USA
Holy thread revival Batman!

Looking for a little help making sense of the Amygos options.

The bash guard:

The battery and water bottle option are perplexing. And, above, in this thread, there is mention of different straps (leather or velcro?).

The battery guard / downtube protector seems self-explanatory. Oh... two different ones?!

Mostly interested in getting the right bash guard for the Gen3 Turbo Levo which includes protecting the battery door.

Thanks!

Connah_g

Aug 1, 2021
Greater Manchester
Hi,

Yeah it’s quite confusing isn’t it, I think the best way to make sure you get exactly what you want is to go on Facebook and there’s a page/group called ‘AMYGOS - Protections Cadre VTT’ the owner of the company Antoine Fernandez is on the page and if you contact him he will answer your questions and send you pictures of the actual items to ensure you order correctly, which is what I should’ve done haha

Cheers
Connah

upperoso

Nov 5, 2022
USA
Thanks @Connah_g. I emailed Amygos directly (not using/on FB). Super confusing! My French language teacher would be shaking her head at me. The questions were basically two: (1) What are the motor guard options? (2) What are the differences between the two battery (downtube) protectors.

Notes: EAP = Espace-Air-Protect (hmm... marketing?); VAE = Les vélos à assistance électrique (new to me).

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles