Alternative rim tape to use for tubeless setups

Bummers

Mar 12, 2022
UK
So 'official' rim tape is quite expensive for what it is. Using gorilla tape or duct tape is nasty to get off, leaves a lot of sticky residue behind.

I can't remember where I was told about this tape but I gave it a try and it's awesome. Seals perfectly, leaves no residue behind when removing, comes in different widths and a decent sized roll of it lasts ages and isn't expensive.

Maybe everyone else already uses this and it's just me who's late to the party but this is the stuff:

No, i'm not on commission either 😄

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
So 'official' rim tape is quite expensive for what it is. Using gorilla tape or duct tape is nasty to get off, leaves a lot of sticky residue behind.

I can't remember where I was told about this tape but I gave it a try and it's awesome. Seals perfectly, leaves no residue behind when removing, comes in different widths and a decent sized roll of it lasts ages and isn't expensive.

Maybe everyone else already uses this and it's just me who's late to the party but this is the stuff:

No, i'm not on commission either 😄

I've used that when building battery packs in the past. You are right, it doesn't leave residue and is strong. And I ve got some in my garage👍

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles