Alps holiday recommendations

g10glenn

Jan 1, 2023
Wyre forest
Hello, I’m planning to get away with mates all e bikers into France / Switzerland region June time. looking for recommendations on great trails - preferably with uplift & accommodation if anyone has good experiences in that area please? Or recommendations for a great e bike lads holiday experience … Done Morzine and Madeira already….

Spangoolies

Nov 5, 2022
UK
I’ve been going to Tignes for about 5 years and never get bored of it. Trails are great and plentiful with a wide variety and all accessible with cable lifts. Lift passes are usually included with local accommodation (this needs to be checked prior to booking as might have changed). Plenty of restaurants, shops and alternative activities. Val Claret and Le Lac are best locations for lifts but it’s all well connected and accessible. Les Arcs is only a short drive and recommended and Pila in Italy is easily done in a day trip.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK

If you want a good network of trails that will kill you if you don’t spend half your time learning them then Portes Du Soleil.

I........................., Portes Du Soleil is a lot of tire clogging mud, ...................
As a relatively recent newbie to mtb, I went to Portes Du Soleil in Jul'12. We started off on a "nice and easy blue to get our legs ready" after the long drive from the UK. That was a fortunate choice because I and others found them very difficult indeed. The third day a few of us diverted onto a red by mistake and we nearly had kittens. Our skills were just not up to those super tight turns with a 20' very steep and rocky drop if we got it wrong. During the week we learned a new definition of steep and one for rough too! Strangely the blues were rougher than the reds, but the reds were much steeper and tighter than the blues.

We didn't see the mud that trip, but some friends did a few years later when it rained every day. That sucked the joy out of their holiday.

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
In Lenzerheide, you should choose a time when the Arosa side is also open. Usually doesn't open until the end of June, if even then.
And if you travel as far as Lenzerheide, then you should also go to Livigno on the Italian side.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles