Allmtn 7 deore xt rear mech

avman

May 24, 2021
hull
Hi all another day another issue

my deore xt 12 speed rear mech gets clogged up really badly with grass and trail bits n Bob’s on every ride more than any other bike/mech combo I have had I the last 30 years of mountain biking. I’m not sure it’s related to the haibike or a general issue with the xt mech.
Last ride out I’ve now have a bent cage on the mech and I’m not sure how it’s happened possible a stick getting caught in the mech. Making for a replacement mech.
Has anyone else had similar issues.
Cheers
Jon

pampmyride

Dec 28, 2020
Sussex Massif
Not noticed clogging more than other mechs. But mine broke (stick) on my first ride. I found the cheapest shimano mech & swapped the posh bits over. That's now had over 1000 miles on it - allmtn7 rider here too.

avman

May 24, 2021
hull
Not noticed clogging more than other mechs. But mine broke (stick) on my first ride. I found the cheapest shimano mech & swapped the posh bits over. That's now had over 1000 miles on it - allmtn7 rider here too.
Cheers for the info
I think it sits low to the ground compared to sram GXD 11 speed.
The annoying thing is I was away and hoping to do a fair few rides in the new forest.

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
As cassettes get closer to having dinner plates for granny gears then mech cages will get longer A deore mech cage might be stronger (steel) and has the same performance. There's also a 46 tooth option and shorter cage mech. Otherwise dropping to 10 speed (transmission change) and a shorter cage mech.

Gordon

pkos

Apr 25, 2022
Gdansk
I just had to replace my rear mech, after 1y (2000km) in AllMtn 7. It got so many hits that making it work was virtually impossible. Not sure but my impression is due to mullet 27.5 rear wheel and long trolley the mech is very close to the ground. Definitely closers than on 29' wheel.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles