All New 2023 Orbea Wild

BermJunky

Mar 13, 2023
Nanaimo, BC
I’m 178 cm on a large ‘23 Wild. I am happy I went with the large. My last bike had 475 reach. I felt the difference for a few rides but adapted quickly. No regrets.
Sweet thank you.

One last general question. Im 181 cm tall, apparently an ape index of +1 .. dodgy back. Ride a trek slash 2022 size large, ( probably need a M/L ) I feel like my reach ideal is around 465-470 ish. I'm really between sizes i think; Anyone similar height riding a Medium or a large and what's you thoughts, i was thinking change the 40MM stem to a 35, high rise 35MM bar. maybe would make the large good, the reach on the medium looks a touch short really.

davosaurusrex

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 21, 2018
Worthing
Another great ride on Sunday on the steep and loose trails round here, loving the Wild. Had the chainring lockring undo though. I had heard reports of them being loose from the factory but (foolishly) hadn’t checked mine as was just about to change it. Was stamping on the pedals when it came off and I nearly got ejected, thought the chain had snapped at first. Managed to bodge it just tight enough with a multitool as a drift and a large lump of chalk hammer.

Put an XX1 T-type chainring on yesterday and found two things – the spider assembly clashes with the Orbea chainguide, also looks like you can’t use a 104BCD chainring on a spider as that would clash. Also a Nukeproof ISCG05 chainguide (probably anything other than the Orbea one) won’t fit due to the shape of the carbon moulding around the motor. That’s why the top guide is longer than standard on the Orbea one, it mounts further forward than other types so has to extend backwards.

Anyone else come across the this and any suggestions for decent quality direct mount steel chainrings? The E13 one they come with is pretty cheapo and I was getting back chainsuck in Surrey Hills slop a few weeks back, sounded like a bag of spanners in the washing machine

Zave

Jul 27, 2022
Surrey England
Another great ride on Sunday on the steep and loose trails round here, loving the Wild. Had the chainring lockring undo though. I had heard reports of them being loose from the factory but (foolishly) hadn’t checked mine as was just about to change it. Was stamping on the pedals when it came off and I nearly got ejected, thought the chain had snapped at first. Managed to bodge it just tight enough with a multitool as a drift and a large lump of chalk hammer.

Put an XX1 T-type chainring on yesterday and found two things – the spider assembly clashes with the Orbea chainguide, also looks like you can’t use a 104BCD chainring on a spider as that would clash. Also a Nukeproof ISCG05 chainguide (probably anything other than the Orbea one) won’t fit due to the shape of the carbon moulding around the motor. That’s why the top guide is longer than standard on the Orbea one, it mounts further forward than other types so has to extend backwards.

Anyone else come across the this and any suggestions for decent quality direct mount steel chainrings? The E13 one they come with is pretty cheapo and I was getting back chainsuck in Surrey Hills slop a few weeks back, sounded like a bag of spanners in the washing machine
I've heard you can run it without the guide no probs

davosaurusrex

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 21, 2018
Worthing
I have been on my local trails as they aren't rocky but have dropped chains before on similar set ups on fast rocky trails with no top guide

BermJunky

Mar 13, 2023
Nanaimo, BC

I put on e-13 Helix cranks and Bosch specific chain ring. Zero problems and looks killer.

Schlayer88

Sep 21, 2023
Maple Ridge
I’m running a TTX22m.2 on my ‘23 M10. Like it but it needs a retune for my weight.

Friend tried the newest HBO Super Deluxe Coil on his M10. It broke twice. Once shearing the screws that mount the reservoir. RS warranted it and told him not to run that shock on that bike. Something did not play well.
What size was his wild?

I want to run this shock but this doesn’t sound good

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles