After riding a Specialized Stumpy for 18 years, I got myself an Orbea Rise M10

Subby

May 22, 2022
Lenzburg, Switzerland
This beauty here:

283305863_4970811853046029_2162808132580928549_n.jpeg

Orbea Rise M10 in glossy raw carbon with a titanium logo, with WTB grips and saddle and One Up pedals ... and tubeless conversion. I upgraded the dropper post to the Kashima version to complete the look.

The difference to the Stumpy is of course huge! The bike looks so much longer with the modern geometry. I didn't ride too much the past years as the Stumpy really started to get unreliable and I didn't wanted to invest into upgrades anymore.

The story with this color scheme is kinda funny. After researching and testing I decided in January to get a Rise, but of course getting one in my preferred colors this summer was impossible, but the shop gave me the option to buy one of the expensive ones they ordered one year ago. It would have been a M-Team in mate raw carbon with logo in gold. It would have been delivered by end of March, but was stolen out of the truck from Orbea to Switzerland. So they let me jump the queue and I was able to order the colors I wanted, which arrived this week. Was riding it since every day.

There are a few small things I don't like. The biggest one is the 25 km/h limit. Second is the glue effect if you go over that limit. Probably will switch the locale after the warranty runs out. Beside that, so much fun. Already looking forward to the next ride. :)

PS: My main sport is paragliding, where I flew the Asian record once and a few other good ones.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles