Accidentally bought a thing - say hello to the yeet van

GolfChick

May 16, 2019
UK
If you're going to do the leisure battery etc. I'd recommend solar if you can it somewhere. We have a huge transit high roof top MWB witha leisure battery and we didnt add solar. We have to drive to recharge the ebike otherwise it'll drain your leisure battery very close to the recommended discharge limits.

emtbPhil

Jun 20, 2021
UK
It should be ok to start with - I'll be leaving Friday night for the lakes with the bike fully charged. Sleeping friday night in a camp site, biking Saturday, charging the bike saturday night, biking sunday then driving home.

So it should fully charge the leisure battery there and back and I'll only need one bike charge from say 30%

But if I start doing longer stays I'll look at solar or more likely a campsite power hookup to top it up

emtbPhil

Jun 20, 2021
UK
As soon as the weather picks up - probably be up there in March.
Also doing Snowdon and a Scotland trip in spring too

Pdoz

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia
It should be ok to start with - I'll be leaving Friday night for the lakes with the bike fully charged. Sleeping friday night in a camp site, biking Saturday, charging the bike saturday night, biking sunday then driving home.

So it should fully charge the leisure battery there and back and I'll only need one bike charge from say 30%

But if I start doing longer stays I'll look at solar or more likely a campsite power hookup to top it up

For weekend / short trips you are unlikely to need permanent solar.

We spent 3 months travelling off grid with nothing but a spare battery charging whilst driving + a 150 w folding solar blanket. If we intended to stay in one site longer than 3 days we set up the solar blanket ( on the windshield ) . That was enough to power a 40 l fridge, charge electronics for a family of 5 , provide lighting and fans , etc. Admittedly distances travelled are significant in Australia so there was plenty of driving time. Plus we don't have any shortage of sunshine....150 w panels produce 150 w

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
It’s just dawned on me that the large sticker on the rear window is a combination of the Yorkshire Rose and a chain ring. I’m sure I’ve seen that graphic somewhere before. I recognised the reg plate too

Sander23

Aug 28, 2020
Belgium
Bit of a spec of where she's currently at

Vw caddy mk3 2k swb
1.9tdi pd105 bjb
Respray in tintable raptor coating using ral7011 (pure grey) full outside plus door shuts.
Remapped to 157hp & 323nm
6 speed swap with single mass clutch conversion
Bola b1r 225/45/17
Touran mk1 front end
Touran black front carpets
Touran electric windows
Touran cruise control and midline clocks
Double din with satnav
50mm lower using h&r front springs and darkside developments rear flip kit.
Darkside developments egr delete
Darkside developments boost gauge
Gaz adjustable rear dampers
H&R uprated rear anti roll bar
Maxton splitter
Cat back straight thru exhaust
Gte customs R line seat covers
Rear is fully set out as a mtb day van.
Mtb fork mounts x2
Laminated floor.
4 leds in ply head lining

I've just ordered some Audi A1 S-Line leather/alcantara seats that should be here ready for the weekend :D
Nice van!

Im curious about the lowering!
Did you only use lowering springs of h&r and used the original shock absorber and stabilisator? How much lower did u get it?

I have a caddy maxi 4 and I want to lower it to. Used some coilspringset it the past but it broke.

emtbPhil

Jun 20, 2021
UK
Nice van!

Im curious about the lowering!
Did you only use lowering springs of h&r and used the original shock absorber and stabilisator? How much lower did u get it?

I have a caddy maxi 4 and I want to lower it to. Used some coilspringset it the past but it broke.

It was done by previous owner but basically -50mm springs on the front with original shocks - and I believe one of the leaf spring flip kits on the back with gaz coilovers and a whiteline ARB

So it's dropped 50mm all round

emtbPhil

Jun 20, 2021
UK
It’s just dawned on me that the large sticker on the rear window is a combination of the Yorkshire Rose and a chain ring. I’m sure I’ve seen that graphic somewhere before. I recognised the reg plate too

The guy who owned it before me was a salesman for a bike clothing company - travelled all around the UK in it going to all the bike shops and bike parks, it's been magazine featured too :)

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
I've been a bit hooked on vanlife videos on youtube for a few years, love the idea of at least having a long weekend way, sleep in the van, charge the bike etc.. etc..

I often have a bit of a late night ebay browse for transporters/caddy's but they're usually too much money to justify.
Last week spotted a caddy 15 minutes away, already fully converted into a day van by a guy who owns a few orbea eMTB's.
Decided to go have a test drive just to see if I liked driving it, and well errrr long story short, a bit of haggling happened and I took ownership on Saturday :D

View attachment 79644

View attachment 79646

View attachment 79645

Really happy with it. Room for two bikes or one bike and the bench folds out into a full sized single bed.
Tons of storage.

Few things I want to do - some nicer seats (it has some fancy covers over bog standard van seats which aren't very comfy on long drives) - lower the bench a bit as I'm 6ft and it's a bit high for me to sit on comfortably - then might start looking into a leisure battery + inverter for charging the bike over night. Probably gonna fit a rear camera too as I'm not used to reversing a van lol

Properly excited to get up to Scotland and into the lakes more often for some weekend Whinlatter fun :D
Wee stove , bucket with lid for toilet and youve cracked it. Size of that you can park nearly anywhere you like in Scotland. Enjoy.

thebarber

E*POWAH Elite
May 28, 2018
Norfeast
While we've got a few van munkys attention, has anyone raptor painted their bumpers?
I'm fancying this on mine and wondering what size compressor I need ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles