A very convincing argument for running a mullet.

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
I have a mullet, and haven't touched the back tyre yet with my bum, and I've got some big, steep drops. If there weren't mullets I'd go 27.5.

Alan Yeung

Jul 9, 2019
Ottawa, ON, Canada
I've tried the stock 29s, then with SC reserve 27.5s and mullet and the mullet is by far my favorite for all the reasons Cam mentions. I also upgraded the spring in my fork from 150 to 160mm which helps by both slackening the head angle and raising the BB. The Levo is most playful with the 27.5s but the BB is too low (even with the flip chip in high) causing too many pedal strikes for my liking.

losgatosgtr

Feb 7, 2020
Los Gatos, California
I've tried the stock 29s, then with SC reserve 27.5s and mullet and the mullet is by far my favorite for all the reasons Cam mentions. I also upgraded the spring in my fork from 150 to 160mm which helps by both slackening the head angle and raising the BB. The Levo is most playful with the 27.5s but the BB is too low (even with the flip chip in high) causing too many pedal strikes for my liking.
What size tires did you try on the reserve wheels in your Levo Mullet set up? I have heard that 27.5 inch in the 2.8 inch wide DHR II tire on the rear would be very close in diameter to the 2.6 inch standard Levo rear tire. That set up along with the flip chip in high may result in less pedal strikes.

Alan Yeung

Jul 9, 2019
Ottawa, ON, Canada
What size tires did you try on the reserve wheels in your Levo Mullet set up? I have heard that 27.5 inch in the 2.8 inch wide DHR II tire on the rear would be very close in diameter to the 2.6 inch standard Levo rear tire. That set up along with the flip chip in high may result in less pedal strikes.
The reserve wheels came from my SC Bronson and I was running minion DHF 2.5" on the front and DHR II 2.3" on the rear. It's quite likely running 2.8s will help raise the BB. However, part of the agility of running the 27.5s in the rear is the smaller diameter. If you watch Cam's video, he mentions manualing is easier even though the chain stay length is the same so attributes that to the smaller diameter in the rear. In the end I kept the reserves for my Bronson and built up a 27.5x2.6 rear wheel from my spare parts bin for my Levo.

Ymersmoelf

Oct 19, 2019
Denmark
I run my levo with 27,5 front/rear and 160mm in the fork. No pedal strikes... come from a crazy low bb on my old bike so learned the hard way Its doable ;-)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles