800Wh Battery available in Canada now...

Rubinstein

Apr 7, 2022
kent
ordered mine a few days ago and was given uk delivery time of 5-6 weeks,
Also told (from Giant shop) I can use my original cover on my 2021 trance, anyone know if that's the case ?
Different cover for models that don't use the 625 maybe ?

DaveMatthews

Aug 12, 2018
Vancouver, B.C. Canada
ordered mine a few days ago and was given uk delivery time of 5-6 weeks,
Also told (from Giant shop) I can use my original cover on my 2021 trance, anyone know if that's the case ?
Different cover for models that don't use the 625 maybe ?
Three types of cover... Here's type A:

E-Bike Compatibility:

2022 Intrigue X E+
| 2021 Intrigue X E+
2021 Trance X E+
| 2021-2020 Reign E+

That said my cover came with rubber seals and grommets that you need to stick on. If you want a tight seal you'd have to try and remove those from your existing battery I suppose.

Rubinstein

Apr 7, 2022
kent
Thanks for the info, so I can use my original cover ?
I did take the cover off the battery once and it was a hell of a job because it was stuck to the battery, but now can be removed easily. im hoping I can just swap it over to the 800

DaveMatthews

Aug 12, 2018
Vancouver, B.C. Canada
Thanks for the info, so I can use my original cover ?
I did take the cover off the battery once and it was a hell of a job because it was stuck to the battery, but now can be removed easily. im hoping I can just swap it over to the 800
Not sure. My Stance supposedly needed the new cover so I just got it anyway. Didn't try to move it.

acrmnsm

Mar 20, 2020
UK
FYI for my 2020 E-Reign the part numbers are 700000053 (battery) and 700000062 (cover).
I've just ordered from my LBS (Bike Shed Exeter) £900 for battery, £40 for cover.

Rando_12345

Nov 16, 2022
France
Re-opening an old discussion.

Anyone have issues obtaining the 800Wh batteries? I bought my bike with the 800Wh as an additional battery a few months ago, but the shop had just sold their last one the week before. They told me a few weeks waiting time, then that got pushed back to July. Now the shop said "Don't hold your breath for that 800Wh battery", pretty annoyed, that was a large part of the reason I bought the bike, and I definitely need it for the summer.

I'm in France, apparently shipping is the issue. Anyone else is other regions seeing similar issues, or are people able to walk in and buy them in other shops?

acrmnsm

Mar 20, 2020
UK
I was told that they will ship to any giant dealer and to order through your dealer. I had to call around as some dealers appear to understand Giants parts ordering and others were just useless and said it was not available, and or 200£ surcharge. When I had an email from Giant UK telling me they were in stock and how much they were.
The winning dealer in my area was The Bike Shed in Exeter. Really good service.

The best mail order parts in the UK is Giant Bike Spares | UK-based Giant and Liv Experts they had it in stock but would only do collection, and about 200 miles from me.

I have a brilliant Giant dealer in France I have used many times whilst living there , Giant Laval - Ask for Benoit. Or Pm me and I'll give you his details.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles