750 watts, 52 volt BAFANG motors on my e-mtb

Litehiker

Nov 23, 2022
Las Vegas, NV
My bike's company, E-CELLS, says they asked BAFANG to make 750 watt, 52 volt motors for my 2 wheel drive hunting bike. Are there any other e-bikes using hub motors this powerful (52 volts)?
To run these hub motors are two large batteries. The down tube battery is 52V, 17.5 ah. The rear rack battery is 52V, 14 ah. There is a patented single charge port for charging both batteries at the same time. I can run either motor from either battery. The manual says to run both batteries at the same time for ONE motor for best range and least amount of battery heating. I plan to use 2 wheel drive only when absolutely necessary for climbing steeps or rough terrain. The newer models like mine now have a torque sensor for pedal assist instead of the former cadence sensor. That's good news that could save me a bit of battery charge once I learnt use gears, pedal effort and throttle in proper coordination.
Supposedly on the flats and pavement I can, with moderate pedal assist, get up to 60 miles on one charge. That long range surprised me.
Naturally the heaviest components are the two batteries. I think we all dream of smaller and lighter batteries with no fire risk. The newest, and still prototype stage, printed solid state batteries will be much lighter and smaller. Likely all production will be for automotive vehicles for several years but who knows? Maybe we will benefit as our numbers grow.

BTW, a moderator left me a message when he/she moved this post from General E-MTB to here, "Bafang motors".
In that message the moderator accused me of posting "thinly veiled" promotion for the company that sells my bike.
Nothing could be further from the truth. I have absolutely no interest in the company and get NO renumeration of any kind for any posts. This kind of suspicion is very ill-founded. I wonder how often this moderator has made this accusation to other members.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles