500wh battery in a Voima!

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
Bosch will not sell anything direct to consumers. You have to go through a Bosch dealer. However, I have emailed Bosch USA to ask where I can get one and I’m waiting on their response. My local bike shop, (who is a Bosch dealer) is also checking with them and other parts sources .
Bosch probably won't sell direct to your LBS even if they are a Bosch dealer. It would most likely go through who ever is the Bosch distributor in the US. For example in Canada it's Live to Play Sports Home « Live to Play Sports

Ride 2d@y

Jul 12, 2023
Mexico
Reese and Muller specs smart system 500 wh power tubes . . . maybe they would sell you one?
Screenshot 2023-09-21 at 5.13.44 PM.png

THA

Sep 16, 2023
Finland
The adapters are already available from a few sources. Mine is 3d printed from Vision Velo, the same guy that makes the Voima specific fenders and battery covers....
I've VV rear fender and chain guide. The cover looks same material as fenders and the adapter looks like CG material. I put a CG shim plate to freeze (-20 C) over night and in the next morning I was able to crack it with my hands - so I really doubt my CG will be in 1 piece after winter. I suppose You got the idea why I suspect VV adaptor... what are the other options and for what reason You ended up to VV?

Onetime

Aug 10, 2022
Cali
I've VV rear fender and chain guide. The cover looks same material as fenders and the adapter looks like CG material. I put a CG shim plate to freeze (-20 C) over night and in the next morning I was able to crack it with my hands - so I really doubt my CG will be in 1 piece after winter. I suppose You got the idea why I suspect VV adaptor... what are the other options and for what reason You ended up to VV?
We’ll luckily for me, I’m in So Cal, so I’ll never be riding in freezing temperatures. But I got the VV adapter because it was available to me and I couldn’t find any others that were available in the US or that would ship to the US. The VV one is nice and light and I think it’ll be fine in my application.

Reactions: THA

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
We’ll luckily for me, I’m in So Cal, so I’ll never be riding in freezing temperatures. But I got the VV adapter because it was available to me and I couldn’t find any others that were available in the US or that would ship to the US. The VV one is nice and light and I think it’ll be fine in my application.
Can you list the other options you say you found? (Just in case the VV crumbles!)

Onetime

Aug 10, 2022
Cali
Last edited:

THA

Sep 16, 2023
Finland
But non of them 500 -> 750, right? Neither 400 -> 750, which ( 2kg only) would be my (54 kg) choice... I suppose people in colder climates better to wait Bosch originals...

THA

Sep 16, 2023
Finland
This should fit in the battery compartment. Would need an empty 750 Wh shell...
Net weight maybe -2,6- 2,7 kg ;)
1695490560886.png

Onetime

Aug 10, 2022
Cali
Ok, so I finally got the right part number for the North American Bosch 500w vertical Smart System battery. I picked it up last night and put it in. The bike was previously 50.00lbs on the dot with the 750 battery and no fenders. I later added front and rear fenders but I’m not sure how much they added. So the current bike weight with the 500w battery and Vision Velo cover is now 47.97lbs. A 48lb Voima!!!

IMG_8435.jpeg

IMG_8412.jpeg

IMG_8424.jpeg

Last edited:

wilbersk

Jan 4, 2024
Colorado
Ok, so I finally got the right part number for the North American Bosch 500w vertical Smart System battery. I picked it up last night and put it in. The bike was previously 50.00lbs on the dot with the 750 battery and no fenders. I later added front and rear fenders but I’m not sure how much they added. So the current bike weight with the 500w battery and Vision Velo cover is now 47.97lbs. A 48lb Voima!!!

View attachment 126274
View attachment 126208

View attachment 126213
Mind sharing the part #?

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand

View attachment 126274
View attachment 126208

View attachment 126213
Got any ride impressions? Can you tel the difference In weight?

I know I can tell the difference when I have a drink bottom full of water or not on my voima.

Onetime

Aug 10, 2022
Cali
Got any ride impressions? Can you tel the difference In weight?

I know I can tell the difference when I have a drink bottom full of water or not on my voima.
Yes, I can definitely feel the difference. It accelerates faster, climbs faster, it’s easier to throw around and it handles a little quicker. I even set some new personal records on several of my regular ride segments on Strava with the 500w battery. And it’s nice to have the option of the smaller battery for shorter rides or lift assisted bike park days and still have the 750 for longer rides. I dig it! 😎👍🏼

Mrj35

Sep 29, 2023
canada
I don't a have a voima but I have a 540wh battery and a 900wh and I can't tell the difference at all except my battery lasts longer with the 900 😅

Looking back I should of bought two 900wh batteries. Perfect for mega days or overnight trips.

I've got a ride I want to do in the summer that is about 1800 meters to the alpine lake to camp at. then probs another 1000+ meters of playing around on open shale slopes.

wilbersk

Jan 4, 2024
Colorado
I don't a have a voima but I have a 540wh battery and a 900wh and I can't tell the difference at all except my battery lasts longer with the 900 😅

Looking back I should of bought two 900wh batteries. Perfect for mega days or overnight trips.

I've got a ride I want to do in the summer that is about 1800 meters to the alpine lake to camp at. then probs another 1000+ meters of playing around on open shale slopes.
It’s always interesting how some people are more sensitive to weight than others. What’s the weight difference between those batteries?

Mrj35

Sep 29, 2023
canada
It’s always interesting how some people are more sensitive to weight than others. What’s the weight difference between those batteries?
I believe 540wh is 3.19kg (7.03 lbs)and 4.57kg for the 900wh (10.08 lbs). So its only a few pounds difference. The bike is already a tank thats probably why I don't notice it.

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
750wh battery weighs 9.48lbs, the 625wh battery weighs 7.7lbs and the 500wh battery weighs 6.4lbs.

So 3lbs between the 750wh and 500wh, that would be pretty noticeable IMO.

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
Yes, I can definitely feel the difference. It accelerates faster, climbs faster, it’s easier to throw around and it handles a little quicker. I even set some new personal records on several of my regular ride segments on Strava with the 500w battery. And it’s nice to have the option of the smaller battery for shorter rides or lift assisted bike park days and still have the 750 for longer rides. I dig it! 😎👍🏼
Chur!

I'm on the fence with what I want to do with an extra battery. I know i could burn 2 x 750wh batteries doing a full Day in rotorua. But I do a bit of hike a bike that only uses 50% battery and s couple of kg less would make a big difference when hauling my bike up a carry section....

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles