50.000 km without issues, is there any mid-drive motor able to do this ?

Bearing Man

Ebike Motor Centre
Patreon
Sep 29, 2018
UK
Do you remember what were the main models of motor with such mileage ?
We see a lot of models with high mileage, but as it takes time to add mileage, these are mostly older models. Newer models that are available in todays bikes don't yet have high mileages.
Personally, if I were going around the world and carrying a lot of weight, I would probably choose an old Bosch Gen 2 motor. Basically, it's built like a tractor gearbox inside, parts are plentiful, a service kit is available and it's generally bullet proof if you keep the water out of it.

Jil

Dec 6, 2022
France
Personally, if I were going around the world and carrying a lot of weight, I would probably choose an old Bosch Gen 2 motor.
My questions is not just for me, it's about an ebike I'm currently developing. So I will have to use new motors.

I see that you service many Brose motors, what do you think of their latest versions ? Is there a version that you recommend (S Alu, S Mag, T Alu, T Mag...) ? I don't care about weight. For my project Brose motors have the major advantage to allow 3rd party batteries, to be silent, and easy to pedal when you run out of battery.

And by the way, do you know if it's easy to get Brose motors in small volumes (some dozen of units for a start) ? What would be the best provider for this ?
(I like Bosch and Yamaha motors too, but their batteries are proprietary ones, and as far as Bosch is concerned, there is no way to order below 5000 units).

Last edited:

Bearing Man

Ebike Motor Centre
Patreon
Sep 29, 2018
UK
My questions is not just for me, it's about an ebike I'm currently developing. So I will have to use new motors.

I see that you service many Brose motors, what do you think of their latest versions ? Is there a version that you recommend (S Alu, S Mag, T Alu, T Mag...) ? I don't care about weight. For my project Brose motors have the major advantage to allow 3rd party batteries, to be silent, and easy to pedal when you run out of battery.

And by the way, do you know if it's easy to get Brose motors in small volumes (some dozen of units for a start) ? What would be the best provider for this ?
(I like Bosch and Yamaha motors too, but their batteries are proprietary ones, and as far as Bosch is concerned, there is no way to order below 5000 units).
Contact me by email Jil. I may have someone who can help you.

Reactions: Jil

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles