4.1.9. ep8 firmware

Crave 05

Feb 2, 2022
Barcelona (Spain)
Hello everybody from Spain.

Yesterday i upgraded the last version firmware (4.1.9.) in my EP8.

After de upgrade the display, the buttons and upgrade de motor, in the display appeared the error "E010" (i put picture), automatically i turned off the bike and turn on it and the error dissapeared (All 3 updates went well without any interruption in mobile phone).

The ebike works good and my mecanic told me today not to worry.

I knew the E010 error in the e7000 and e8000 motors but not in the EP8.

I saw in Internet more people has the same experiencie with de 4.1.9. firmware in the EP8.

I have also read people who say that if the bike works well it is better not to update anything. What you think about this?

Thank you.

Luis.
Screenshot_2022-11-28-11-02-28-34_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
After de upgrade the display, the buttons and upgrade de motor, in the display appeared the error "E010" (i put picture), automatically i turned off the bike and turn on it and the error dissapeared

No big deal. You've got a running computer system and you're rewriting the software while it's running. It's no wonder some data doesn't jive with the sensors during the operation. It's the same thing with your laptop computer. When you upgrade the operating system, the last thing you do is reboot the system. It's all good.

I have also read people who say that if the bike works well it is better not to update anything. What you think about this?

I think that many people may say things, but many people don't know what they're talking about. Keep your software up-to-date.

Monkey Dog

Jun 4, 2020
Derbyshire
I have two bikes, both with E8000 motors.
One runs it's original software with no updates.
The other runs 4.8.8 (I think it's that, a much later version anyway).

I personally don't notice any difference between the two.
If it isn't broken, don't fix it 😉

CTM

Nov 4, 2021
NZ
Weird, My EP8 had that error today when I turned it on. I checked the app and it showed it was due for an update (also the on button and the control buttons). So I did the update and the fault went away.

Crave 05

Feb 2, 2022
Barcelona (Spain)
Hello again.

First of all thanks for your messages.

How I said, the ebike works well at the moment, i'm going to keep using it and i will keep informing you if there is a new information wether good or bad.

Thank you!

w2ge

Dec 1, 2020
Voorhees, NJ
I also got that email which as was said I don’t think is relevant…. However what it reminded me to do was check/perform the upgrade. After successfully doing all upgrades (3) I also changed the effort (downgraded its kick-in) at which the e helps on ECO. It must be in my head but doing a 21 mile trail ride later it just felt a bit more powerful to me?

I wish with a firmware upgrade they would tell you what the upgrade is fixing, or for.

Last edited:

crkunselman

Nov 21, 2022
Aliquippa, PA
Hello everybody from Spain.

Yesterday i upgraded the last version firmware (4.1.9.) in my EP8.

After de upgrade the display, the buttons and upgrade de motor, in the display appeared the error "E010" (i put picture), automatically i turned off the bike and turn on it and the error dissapeared (All 3 updates went well without any interruption in mobile phone).

The ebike works good and my mecanic told me today not to worry.

I knew the E010 error in the e7000 and e8000 motors but not in the EP8.

I saw in Internet more people has the same experiencie with de 4.1.9. firmware in the EP8.

Thank you.

Luis. View attachment 102226
I had the same error when I did it. After powering down and backup , it was fine. Not sure what the error was.

Crave 05

Feb 2, 2022
Barcelona (Spain)
I also got that email which as was said I don’t think is relevant…. However what it reminded me to do was check/perform the upgrade. After successfully doing all upgrades (3) I also changed the effort (downgraded its kick-in) at which the e helps on ECO. It must be in my head but doing a 21 mile trail ride later it just felt a bit more powerful to me?

I wish with a firmware upgrade they would tell you what the upgrade is fixing, or for.
I searched in internet for what was the new 4.1.9 update and I found in Spanish (my language) this. (I put picture). The English translation would be "General bug fixes".

Screenshot_2022-12-04-16-05-36-27_81b5f59f81a9801c9f112972edbe649b~2.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles