Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
Product Image:
IMG-1048.jpg

Product name: 3D Printed Bosch Kiox Headset Spacer Mount
Price paid: 30 Euros shipped
Score (out of 10): 5

Review: The stock Orbea clamp mount for the Bosch Kiox always drove me nuts. It's flimsy, brushing against it will easily knock the Kiox into some weird angle, and it makes for a bad situation with clamping area real estate. If I mount a cyclecomputer and a Kiox, there's no room for a center mount handlebar light like the Outbound Lighting Trail Evo.

Some fellow in Madrid using the ebay handle "esale.nokseqw" is 3D-printing a Kiox holder that uses a headset spacer design instead of a handlebar clamp. I think he posted on this forum a few times before. I decided to give it a try and I'm glad I did. Here are my impressions:

Pros:
1 - Visually it's a much cleaner setup once you get used to it.
2 - Doesn't get knocked askew.
3 - Can be screwed down so you don't have to worry about it being held on by nothing but magnets.
4 - Fits the Kiox very well. I didn't have any particularly weird fit issues.

Cons:
1 - The 3D printed material has a very crude texture and has a lot of flashing around the edges.
2 - Photos show it being mounted just below the stem. This is very impractical because it blocks access to the stem bolts. I mounted mine just above the stem. That's not ideal but at least I can adjust my stem if I need to without fiddling with the holder.
3 - Very poor rigidity: If you want to push one of the buttons, you need to support the Kiox from below with your hands or else the holder will flex with your button push.

Neutral
1 - The pitch angle is not adjustable at all. It's simply perpendicular to the steerer tube. That works well for me, but I can imagine if someone else wanted a different angle this could be a problem.

This thing has its flaws but I'm more than happy to junk the Orbea factory clamp.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles