calgary
Finished

20230827_202012.jpg
20230827_201847.jpg

20230827_195850.jpg

TommyC

Jul 7, 2022
Hampshire
How difficult are 3d printers to use? Seriously considering getting one but don’t want to do a college course to be able to use it!

michael.kozera

New Dad ! 👶
Feb 3, 2021
calgary
How difficult are 3d printers to use? Seriously considering getting one but don’t want to do a college course to be able to use it!
To use a 3d printer, as long as u have the files downloaded and the code ur using works well/other have used it with good results. Then 3d printing is fairly easy. About as hard as working on a car i would say.

Now. If ur looking to use a 3d printer AND make ur own print files. O boy is it hard. Simple shapes and simple designs are easy and with enough attempts you can make anything really. But to be good at making 3d print files it's basically a full uni degree lol.

rzr

Sep 26, 2022
bcn
Can someone explain what the point of this bike is? It looks like a crap downhill bike, overweight trail bike and overengineered commuter bike ...
... :( and it's not mtb or pushbike anymore - it's motobike/pedalec etc.
And at the end it'll hurt our community of e-bikes.
that's why some ppl or politicans put more bans on e-bikes later, demand insurance etc.

michael.kozera

New Dad ! 👶
Feb 3, 2021
calgary
... :( and it's not mtb or pushbike anymore - it's motobike/pedalec etc.
And at the end it'll hurt our community of e-bikes.
that's why some ppl or politicans put more bans on e-bikes later, demand insurance etc.
We don't all live in euro here.

I'm from Canada and I can assure you there are absolutely no laws or regulations when I'm 100km in the
Bush. We have something called crown land here, u can basically do any thing u want. Hunt. Camp. Off road. Shoot guns.etc.etc.

been riding dirt bikes in the invermere Valley here in BC and I think in the 20 years I've been doing so I've seen maybe 10 ppl TOTAL!!

michael.kozera

New Dad ! 👶
Feb 3, 2021
calgary
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. But at 75.8lb did I created the lightest full suspension 1600wh battery 2wd ebike by accident? Lol??

I did a Google search and every dual suspension 2wd ebike is a fat bike and they all weigh like 80-100lbs.

Also. I have 200mm for travel front and rear, most have like 100-140mm.....

Also Also, mine is 3000w total. Most I see are only 1000-1500w?

Hardtail

Mar 8, 2021
Uk
Nice one @michael.kozera !
What capacity battery where you able to fit in there?
It will be interesting to see what range you get knowing that hub motors are actually more efficient than mid-dive motors, also the fact that it is 2wd makes it even more efficient.

michael.kozera

New Dad ! 👶
Feb 3, 2021
calgary
OK. Finished up stress testing 2 days ago. Here are the results:

Relatively flat 60% With modern hills 30% and 10% steep hills.

I used the full 3000w up the hills. And on flat hit around 800w at 60kmhrs.

I got right around 124.4kms before LVC kicked in. I then rode around for another 20kms on low power mode (500w ish). So not bad for full power.

Today. I was able to do a more realistic test. Hardly ever used full power. I got 170km. Still had 30% charge showing. Ran out of time. Had to go to work, my guess is around 200km average range.

Hardtail

Mar 8, 2021
Uk
OK. Finished up stress testing 2 days ago. Here are the results:

Relatively flat 60% With modern hills 30% and 10% steep hills.

I used the full 3000w up the hills. And on flat hit around 800w at 60kmhrs.

I got right around 124.4kms before LVC kicked in. I then rode around for another 20kms on low power mode (500w ish). So not bad for full power.

Today. I was able to do a more realistic test. Hardly ever used full power. I got 170km. Still had 30% charge showing. Ran out of time. Had to go to work, my guess is around 200km average range.
Farkenell... That's some proper distance, I get nowhere near that on my Bosch Performance CX.
Is that pedalling the whole time or mainly on the throttle?
Hub motors are efficient!
Theonlythingidontlikeistheseatcover.

michael.kozera

New Dad ! 👶
Feb 3, 2021
calgary
Farkenell... That's some proper distance, I get nowhere near that on my Bosch Performance CX.
Is that pedalling the whole time or mainly on the throttle?
Hub motors are efficient!
Theonlythingidontlikeistheseatcover.
yeah , seat cover is temporary lol.

first test was throttle only,

2nd final /realistic test was while pedaling.

jezhumphrey75

Mar 27, 2023
cornwall
hiya bud, i love this, could you tell me what its like on trails and jumps please? i have a carbon bike which im told should not have a mid drive fitted to it so i was thinking of going down the hub route....what hubs are these please?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles