Levo Gen 3 2nd ride on my 2022 levo expert

Aceofnone82

May 18, 2023
Usa
Finally got my suspension fairly dialed in and hit some trails near bandon, or. This bike is a monster, so much traction, just eats up the trail. One thing that surprised me was how well it jumped. Thought I was going too slow for some gap jumps so I jumped hard leaving the lip, landed past the transition on both. Super happy with everything so far.
20230523_204000.jpg

Aceofnone82

May 18, 2023
Usa
Finally got my suspension fairly dialed in and hit some trails near bandon, or. This bike is a monster, so much traction, just eats up the trail. One thing that surprised me was how well it jumped. Thought I was going too slow for some gap jumps so I jumped hard leaving the lip, landed past the transition on both. Super happy with everything so far. View attachment 115783
No real substance here, just a nice little new bike fan boy post. My other bike is a 29er nukeproof mega with longer travel. I think the nukeproof would take it in the steep chunky stuff but it would be a tight race on the tighter trails. It feels so planted it's unreal. I'm thinking skinner tires and cushcore. Who here has gone with a bit smaller tires and cushcore? I'd love to hear some experiences.

Jase

Subscriber
Apr 22, 2022
UK
I have the same bike, I have done about 300 miles so far. I am doing a few days around Torridon so some big Rocky Mountain trails and of course the hill drains. I have put on cushcore with 2.5 Assegai front, 2.4 DHR rear. I’m liking it, feels more nimble than my KSL, until you have to pick it up.
How did you get on with the suspension settings compared to the Specialized set up?
I found I had to put some extra pressure in the rear. Never had so much adjustment before and not very experienced with it so went standard with hsc, rebound etc. Did you make much adjustment to these? I’m 85kg kitted up for the big rides.

Aceofnone82

May 18, 2023
Usa
I have the same bike, I have done about 300 miles so far. I am doing a few days around Torridon so some big Rocky Mountain trails and of course the hill drains. I have put on cushcore with 2.5 Assegai front, 2.4 DHR rear. I’m liking it, feels more nimble than my KSL, until you have to pick it up.
How did you get on with the suspension settings compared to the Specialized set up?
I found I had to put some extra pressure in the rear. Never had so much adjustment before and not very experienced with it so went standard with hsc, rebound etc. Did you make much adjustment to these? I’m 85kg kitted up for the big rides.
Ill probably put some more air in as well next time i go out, I could see where a little extra pressure in the rear might be good. I'm 85kg as well. I think I put my rear pressure at 240 with the recommended compression and adjustment settings, I might play with them a bit as well if I add more air. I'll probably go the same tire setup as you, are you liking it so far? Any negatives with the cush core?

Last edited:

Jase

Subscriber
Apr 22, 2022
UK
I really like the cushcore, the only negative thing is it’s a bit weightier and costly compared to other products, but I see they are bringing a lighter trail version out. It definitely has saved mine and my mates wheels on steep rocky descents. But apart from that I like the way the tyre feels with it in. Bike feels plusher/smoother if that makes sense. Don’t run very low pressure, 25 back, 22 front.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles