Levo Gen 3 29er front and rear Levo gen3

Gropec

Dec 22, 2021
South of France
Hi guys,
I plan to test the 29er at the rear on my Levo gen3
I am happy the way the bike feel with the mullet but you knows how it is...you always think to try new tricks😁 just in case you find the magic tricks

I already fitter the 29 rear wheel on the bike in low position with michelin 2.4
I just wonder how this wheel will perform.

I can't test before a while so i am curious to heard about someone who use it since a while

Lasse

May 22, 2020
Norway
Hi guys,
I plan to test the 29er at the rear on my Levo gen3
I am happy the way the bike feel with the mullet but you knows how it is...you always think to try new tricks😁 just in case you find the magic tricks

I already fitter the 29 rear wheel on the bike in low position with michelin 2.4
I just wonder how this wheel will perform.

I can't test before a while so i am curious to heard about someone who use it since a while
For info, the Maxxis Assegai 29x2.5 fits as well 👍

Gropec

Dec 22, 2021
South of France
I finally rode today with 29/29
50kms 2200D+
The 29 at the rear is a game changer on the thechnical climb, it is way better than the 27,5
Everybody know that but on the levo it is an huge improvement !!!
And on the down hill it is more stable and i feel that i am faster and strava told le the same too😁.

I am definitely a 29/29 rider 🤷‍♂️

Soupamoto

Mar 3, 2020
Knoxville, Tennessee
3E18C32D-BA14-4C22-B0F3-1BB6F047ECBB.jpeg

I mounted up my 27.5+ carbon wheels with 2.8” tires from my ‘18 Levo Comp on my Gen 3. Waiting for the monsoon rains to stop to test ride.

Aldo

Sep 27, 2021
Svizzera
Finalmente ho guidato oggi con 29/29
50 km 2200D+
Il 29 al posteriore è un punto di svolta sulla salita tecnica, è molto meglio del 27,5
Lo sanno tutti ma sul levo è un enorme miglioramento!!!
E in discesa è più stabile e sento di essere più veloce e anche Strava mi ha detto lo stesso 😁.

Sono decisamente un pilota 29/29🤷‍♂️
Ciao, @Gropec! M'interessa questa cosa che hai fatto (29/29). Volevo sapere se oltre alla posizione bassa hai fatto altre modifiche alla geometria originale. Hai cambiato forcella con una di maggiore lunghezza? Ammortizzatore? Lunghezza Gambo? Grazie👋

Last edited:

Gropec

Dec 22, 2021
South of France
Ciao, @Gropec! M'interessa questa cosa che hai fatto (29/29). Volevo sapere se oltre alla posizione bassa hai fatto altre modifiche alla geometria originale. Hai cambiato forcella con una di maggiore lunghezza? Ammortizzatore? Lunghezza Gambo? Grazie👋
My fork is an 170mm olhins 38 M.2
Rear choc is an TTX 22 ( same stroke as origine)
Cascade link to win +10nn at the rear whiout changing the geo.
Head angle 63.5mm by using the cup +1 -1

Aldo

Sep 27, 2021
Svizzera
La mia forcella è una olhins 38 M.2 da 170mm
Lo choc posteriore è un TTX 22 (stessa corsa dell'origine)
Collegamento a cascata per vincere +10nn sul retro senza cambiare la geo.
Angolo della testa 63,5 mm utilizzando la coppa +1 -1
Grazie! Io ho un problema di "equilibrio". Faccio molte salite tecniche ma mi piace la guidabilità di uno stem molto corto (renthal apex 33 mm) che però in salita mi crea difficoltà con l'anteriore. Pensavo di risolvere semplicemente con una posizione bassa del carro e una ruota posteriore da 29...

John-E

Subscriber
Aug 9, 2023
North America
Hey John. Did you ever figure out if 29 works on an S2 gen 3? I’m wondering if it’s worth getting a 29 rear to try.
Yes it does. I ended up getting the S3 and currently running a Maxis Minion DHR 2.4 WT on there and it fits with no extra room at all. A 2.3 would be a better choice and plan to switch to that size soon. The chain stay on that bike grows in length a bit under sag so you get a little more room from fully extended and it doesnt hit or rub any where fully compressed.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles