29 Team v/s SX: 2020 Meta Power

Amadeus

Jun 26, 2020
Chile
Hi everybody. I want to get a Commencal e-bike (my first e-bike). My local store has both 2020 models: Meta Power 29 Team and Meta Power SX and I don't want to wait for 2021 models as they are offering good discounts for 2020.
I'm really having trouble to decide. I'm 6.07ft (185cm) tall and weigh 165lbs (75kg).
I usually ride trails, enduro trails and bike parks (I live surrounded by mountains) so I'm looking for the best all-rounder, a bike that will be good for pedalling, climbing, but above all, a bike to enjoy descents with good control. Mountains here are anti-grip type most of the time and quite rocky. Which of both models you suggest as an all-rounder (more versatile)?
My concerns:
Meta Power 29 Team: Does it have good maneuverability on descents (considering e-bike weight and 29 wheels)?, is it easy to handle?, do you enjoy it on bike parks?, is it agile?
Meta Power SX: Is it comfortable uphill and for pedalling?, is it agile when descending flowy trails?, is it just for big hitter trails?, is it versatile?

Has anybody tried both of them? If not, please let me know your comments of the ones you own.

Thanks in advance for your help. I'm really anxious to get my new e-bike!

Trickz

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Sep 2, 2019
Burton upon Trent
Hi buddy I don’t think you’d unhappy with either,all I can tell you that my sx climbs comfortably and with ease and pointing it downhill is fantastic.

flynnyfalcon

Apr 21, 2020
Melbourne
In my opinion, the Meta Power 29 is a cracker!! It’s an absolute beast on the decents and I find it climbs beautifully. I’ve put maybe 150km on mine and can’t think of any changes I’d make.

I do a mixture of trail types, nothing too gnarly though. If you do maybe the SX would suit you more. But it jumps great, handles big hits and drops well, rides with a lot of composure and I find it comfy too if that counts. Agility wise, it’s pretty damn nimble. It tracks with a lot of composure and loves being thrown around. Definitely doesn’t feel like a big EMTB.

Good luck with your choice, you’ll be rapt with either. Also, I reckon the XL will be the right size for you. I’m 1.83 and I find I’m right on the cusp.

Fuellerr

May 9, 2019
USA
Picked up my Meta power Team bike couple of weeks a go and I love the bike, it's a monster truck on the down hills. I have about 60 miles on it and have done some XC riding on it and it really surprised men how well it climbed and overall handled. I have also taken it to my local bike park here in Southern California and loved it there too, I was really surprised how good it jumped and was so solid at speed so overall it's a really good all around Ebike.

Two things I changed were the handlebars and the dropper post, stock is a 175mm for a large and I went to a 150mm and I'm 5'11" I think a 140mm would work too because I still only have the 150 post raised 10mm out of the frame

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Depends what you mean by good maneouverability on downhills.
If you mean jibs, stunts, steeze and general palyfulness I'd go for the 27.5 SX over the 29".
For that sort of riding it is more agile
If manaulling and popping off everything is your preference don't make the mistake of buying an XL for stability
shorter Emtbs are all miles more agile than long ones

both models are bloody heavy so you'll need to alter your riding style slightly anyway. it won't take you long though.

sleevedone

Jun 25, 2020
Red Deer, Alberta
I was really torn between the 2 bikes, honestly I wanted the the 29'er version. Being I'm 6'3" and 240 lbs I wanted a coil shock, so I was leaning more towards the Power 27 (plus I loved the raw finish the most).
So glad I went with the 27, it climbs amazingly. Way better than I ever could have imagined, and it rips on the down. I have the XL and it's pretty impressive how it handles with such a long wheelbase, even in the tight stuff.
I'm sure no matter which model you choose you'll be impressed.

Amadeus

Jun 26, 2020
Chile
Thanks everybody for your advices. I finally got the Meta Power Team L. After 2 rides, all I can say is that I'm very happy with the choice. Comfortable for long pedaling, climbs efficiently and downhill is a monster truck as everybody says, very stable and you get a lot of confidence (even if it is all the time asking for more speed). For my size and style of riding I think was the best choice. I'm surprised how agile it feels downhill.

Jaguilar

Sep 3, 2020
California
Thanks everybody for your advices. I finally got the Meta Power Team L. After 2 rides, all I can say is that I'm very happy with the choice. Comfortable for long pedaling, climbs efficiently and downhill is a monster truck as everybody says, very stable and you get a lot of confidence (even if it is all the time asking for more speed). For my size and style of riding I think was the best choice. I'm surprised how agile it feels downhill.
That is good to hear...i was looking at large 2021 but it doesn't mention bottom bracket height which is estimated at 352 yours 354...does it feel like you riding high up on bike? Thanks

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles