Other 2023 Trek Rail with TQ motor

robertpaulson

Nov 9, 2020
uk
Given the 2023 model unveil is likely 1-3 months away, any clues out there if we see the TQ/Trek collab spread further into their emtb range? TQ have the HPR50 in the EXe and previously did the HPR 120s for the flyon, surely a HPR85 appears at some point - does the world have to wait longer than the coming model years launch for a full fat version of the Fuel EXe? I'm either looking for a good deal on the in-stock 2022 Rails in the UK with the current round of price drops on other bits/sectors of the bike world seeming to snowball or waiting to see if the above appears in the next few months... Any cryptic hints from those testing 2023 bikes on nda!? ;)

Last edited:

Oupy

Feb 22, 2022
Australia
Going to say highly unlikely at this stage.The Fuel Exe was a pretty specific project and a market gap for Trek, we might see further colabs with TQ down the line but not right now. Trek seems to have a pretty popular model in the rail and unless there were some massive financial gains to be had through a further TQ partnership i can't see it happening in the short term.

Jury is still somewhat out on how popular and profitable the super light ebike market is going to be, only time will tell. That will likely drive a lot of the model trending over the coming years.

That all said, I'm still waiting on a 2022 Rail order for 5 months now, so murphy's law would indicate there will be a major revision announced a few weeks after i get it :p

msh441

If I had to guess, I would say small incremental changes only in the Rail lineup. Mainly some trickle down tech.

I think the Bosch/Trek relationship is pretty strong. There are still some legitimate supply chain issues happening. The big push for the near future was getting the Fuel EXE out there. Just my bet, looking at other industries,

Dave_B

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
Was told today by Trek dealer that 2023 has the Bosch Smart motor. Same size battery.

Sep 27, 2021
New Zealand
Had a look at a Fuel EXe in-store the other day. Lovely bike and noticeably lighter. But still NZ$11,500 for the mid range model - and the components weren't anything to write home about (mostly Shimano SLX drivetrain, Fox Rhythm 36 ... but did have carbon wheelset). Also not stocking the warm yellow frame for some reason. And if you want the optional extra water bottle battery ... prepare to pay NZ$1100!!! Absolute rip-off for a 160Wh battery. On the plus side we will prob see plenty off after market battery offerings at better prices!?

JP-NZ

Feb 17, 2022
Christchurch - New Zealand
Had a look at a Fuel EXe in-store the other day. Lovely bike and noticeably lighter. But still NZ$11,500 for the mid range model - and the components weren't anything to write home about (mostly Shimano SLX drivetrain, Fox Rhythm 36 ... but did have carbon wheelset). Also not stocking the warm yellow frame for some reason. And if you want the optional extra water bottle battery ... prepare to pay NZ$1100!!! Absolute rip-off for a 160Wh battery. On the plus side we will prob see plenty off after market battery offerings at better prices!?

That model is supposed to have Line comp 30 (alloy wheels) nice upgrade.

fasterjason

Dec 17, 2022
USA
That model is supposed to have Line comp 30 (alloy wheels) nice upgrade.
I know this is an old post, but the new (for 2022) Line Comp 30 wheel is a downgrade from the 2018 Line Comp 30. The hubs are the same. The downgrade is the rim. It has a lower profile (24mm vs 20mm), but the real issue is that the new rim is sleeved instead of welded like the 2018 rim. I bought a 2022 Rail 9.8 XT, and I was pissed when I figured that out (Yes a 9K bike with sleeved rims WTF?).

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles