4.jpg

5.jpg

Manufacturer: Radon
Model: Deft 10.0 750
Model Year: 2023
Price Paid: 5.439 €
New/Used: Brand New
Score (out of 10): 9

Review: I recently acquired the Radon Deft 10 750 eMTB during the November Black Friday sale in 2023, making it my first step into the world of electric mountain biking. Having upgraded from a budget-friendly MTB Decathlon Rockrider AM 100 S, the difference is night and day. Despite having limited experience with eMTBs, my initial impressions have been overwhelmingly positive.

Key Components:
  • Fork and Shock: The Fox 38 Factory GRIP2 and Float X2 Factory (170mm travel each).
  • Brakes: The Magura MT7 brakes deliver impressive stopping power.
  • Drivetrain: The SRAM X01 Eagle rear derailleur and GX Eagle shifter/cassette/chain offer smooth and precise shifting.
  • Bosch Performance Line CX Gen4 Motor: The Bosch motor, coupled with the Powertube 750Wh battery, delivers ample power and impressive range.

My Experience:

With only five rides totaling 175km in chilly temperatures ranging from -2 to 3 degrees Celsius, my initial impressions are extremely positive. The Bosch Gen4 motor, paired with the Powertube 750Wh battery, it is really impressive. It delivers fantastic power and provides a great range.

I went through the standard process of adjusting the fork and shock settings. I'm enjoying the setup, but I'm still in the process of experimenting with different configurations. I noticed that the fork came with three volume spacers from the factory and being a lightweight rider, I'm thinking of trying it with just two. While I've found a satisfactory setup, I'm aware there's room for further improvement.

I've had to make a few minor tweaks to the derailleur and fixed a rubbing issue with the rear brake. Everything is working perfectly now, and the brakes have proven to be exceptionally strong.

I'm still learning, and this bike is way better than what I can handle right now.

I've faced problems with the Fox Transfer Factory in colder temperatures (under 3 degrees Celsius). It tends to stick occasionally, and while I plan to investigate further, I haven't had enough time to do so because I've been thoroughly enjoying the bike.

The Fox Float X2 Factory is the 2023 Series, part number: 979-00-881. It is not the 2024 refreshed model with improved reliability.

Value for Money:

It cost me 5,539€ (including shipping to Romania from Germany) which I think is a good deal for the quality you get. If you want a top-notch electric mountain bike without spending a ton, the Radon Deft 10 750 is definitely worth checking out.

I purchased it from bike-discount.de on Black Friday, and it was delivered by DHL within 15 days (although it could have been 10 days if not for some national holidays during that time).

Last edited:

Prime

Jan 11, 2024
Belgium
Nice bike! I've also bought one, but the 9.0 2022 model. First I was a little afraid of the weight and handling in comparison with regular bike, but that was not necessary. It's not light but 26,4kg for an XL is acceptable. Once riding you notice nothing of it.
The Bosch motor has a lot of power. I ride mostly in tour+.
I went to the bike discount megastore to get it. I negotiate with the seller and got the price down to 3800€ because it had 3 little paintchips.
I've already did some upgrades. Changed the NX shifter to a GX (because of a little crash) and Switched the Sunringle wheels with the Hope Fortus Pro5 from my other bike. They were tubeless & have stronger tires with inserts.
Have lots of fun with your bike, but i think that won't be a problem😉👍

Last edited:

micku7zu

Subscriber
Dec 3, 2023
Romania
It's not light but 26,4kg for an XL is acceptable.
I have the L size. I don't know how much it weights in L?
The Bosch motor has a lot of power. I ride mostly in tour+.
Yes it has. I really like it. My use so far:

1705996227515.png

I went to the bike discount megastore to get it. I negotiate with the seller and got the price down to 3800€ because it had 3 little paintchips.
I've already did some upgrades. Changed the NX shifter to a GX (because of a little crash) and Switched the Sunringle wheels with the Hope Fortus Pro5 from my other bike. They were tubeless & have stronger tires with inserts.
Have lots of fun with your bike, but i think that won't be a problem😉👍
Nice (y)!
I will have a lot of fun, I can't wait to go out again 😁

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles